Thursday 25 October 2012

Black and white Christmas and Rudolph Day

The current challenge over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge is 'Black and white and one other colour if you wish'. This is my entry:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- black and then white card layered

- three pre-cut black, white and silver baubles by Kan Ban, from when I have no idea

- black and silver sentiment - again pre-cut

- one cheeky red gem on the sentiment (to hide the hole that you could thread ribbon through to use it as a tag)

I pondered over the red gem as that might make four colours - if silver is counted as a colour!?! But it's only small and I liked the little bit of red :)

It's another one for the box as well as my first entry for Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge this month. The prize is a fabby Penny Black stamp (which sadly I already have but that reduces the odds for everyone else). Slightly skewed logic but I know what I mean at least :) Why not join in the fun?

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Morning Di

    Having a quick run round blogland before I fire up the old printer for a session!!!

    Loving your Rudolph Day card. Very classy!

    Hope you are having a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have a go at a black and white batch of cards...if I can find fabrics to do the job with :-)
    Love your result.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! I love the black and white and titch of red...so classic and dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Di, love it. Promise to leave some sun in Spain.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh YES! What a classy combination of pretty ornaments. Loving the glitz!

    Thanks for joining in with my challenge again.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card there Di. I think you were right with that tiny snippet of red in there! The card reminds me of some earrings! LOL! Were they the inspiration I wonder?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love monochrome cards Di and think you defo cracked this one. The touch of red is perfect!

    Hope your back is better?

    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These ornaments are so elegant in black and white! I love the bows on the top of each!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love black and white cards and your Christmas black and white is beautiful...very classy! I almost feel too under dressed to be looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, lovely! Silver and black always look so elegant. I like the bit of red too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, Your card is lovely l do like Black/White cards for Christmas and yours is a stunner x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegant and gorgeous, Di (I had some of those baubles, probably have still got some somewhere in the depths of a box) - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 95 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there Di - love this card - so elegant in these colours - plus your cheeky little bit of a red gem. That made me smile, I must admit - only because it is something that I would do as well!! lol.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like this card, Di, a lot.The black/white/silver colour mix is one of my favourites and the wee red gem is the perfect touch. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour combo makes for an elegant Christmas card.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful and elegant card! I love the little red button, just a nice little pop of color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.