Wahoo, it's been hot and sunny in the Playground for the last few days - maybe Summer is finally here. Spike the hedgehog comes to feed each night, in fact we think there might even be two of them - but despite all my efforts I haven't managed to take a decent photo as yet. Having said all that about hot weather, we had a massive downpour on Friday night, complete with thunder and lightning, it went round in circles for hours here :(
My snippets card this week is a really quick and easy one:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- Penny Black's 'Overdressed Duck' stamp, stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils, Derwent blending stumps and Sansodor blending solution - then die cut using Nesties Labels Eighteen die
- a snippet of SU's 'Rich Razzleberry' card stock - so small I couldn't even cut a shaped mat to back the image with - but I kinda like the rectangle touch for a change :)
- snippets of patterned paper from LOTV's 'Woodland Wishes' paper pad, which were tucked inside a pocket (a sealed envelope cut in half makes two pockets, one each for two pads) inside the back cover
- sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, just popped onto a snippet of 'Rich Razzleberry' which was punched using SU's 'Curly Label' punch
OK, swiftly onto this weeks' picks:
made this adorable card, just look at the little girl hiding behind that huge bunch of flowers :) And how well the colouring picks up the colours in the snippets of paper.
is one of our most prolific card makers, even whilst away from home, and I just love this snippets card. The blues certainly do it for me!
Now how clever is this 'double zig-zag' card, made by Debs
? Absolutely stunning (apparently it all slots together) - only for the brave to try I suspect.
This 'dogwood' card, made by Mary H
, is just fabulous.Tons of work went into making this card, and Mary even dyed the ribbon using a re-inker on one of the colours she used to colour the flowers. I call that real dedication!
brought something a bit different to show, a pair of really lovely tissue holders! Made for a Craft Fayre - and I just bet they sold in double quick time. Eve kindly put a link to a tutorial on her blog post if you fancy having a try :)
I love this Wedding card, made by Hazel
- such a happy image, even though the knife looks a tad lethal :) I've noticed a few people using vellum lately, and I'm a sucker for luscious ribbon of course!
And almost right at the last minute, Kate
nipped into the Playground with a card that just couldn't be left out of the picks (picked two weeks running Kate!). Isn't it absolutely beautiful? The attention to detail is just amazing, you can read all about it on Kate's blog post - love it!
Apologies if we seem to have a lot of pink and flowers this week - purely coincidental I assure you! And each and every single snippets make was lovely as ever, you truly are such a sweet and very talented bunch.
We have one new playmate this week:
hopped by, all the way from Arizona (where our lovely Princess Judy lives of course) - a beautiful snippets card Cara and do please come and play regularly!
And the draw for last week's prize (paper pad, sentiments and 'Happy Birthday' stamps) - our winner is:
Well done Pat, can you please remind me of your snail mail address (email@example.com) and the goodies will be on their way to you ASAP.
Now a drum roll for the winner of the Spellbinders 'Shell Beauty' embossing folder. 12 of you submitted (and flagged up) three or more entries during the past couple of weeks so I just numbered all the qualifiers and then ran the Random Number selection thingy again - and the winner is:
I've found your address Sarah and will post the folder off to you ASAP. And before you squeak anxiously, it's actually 38 weeks since your last win :)
And of course, this coming week's prize is:
A Penny Black 'Overdressed Duck' stamp, the same as I used on today's card. This is one of my all-time favourite PB stamps :)
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time
on Saturday 21st June and will open again at
midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please
say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the
winner of the prize
I'll be out playing on Saturday 21st June at the local village carnival with Len and the archery club. That means a small change to my posts 'cos I won't be able to do the prize draw as I would normally do on the Saturday.
On the Sunday I'll post my snippets card and a new Mr Linky as usual - then on Monday 22nd, I'll publish the weekly picks and the Random number draw
for last week's prize.That gives everyone a fair chance right up to when the gates close.
Mind you, last year's carnival was pretty wet and miserable with little shelter and we were
drenched right through
soaked a few times. So I've said that I'll go and help on condition the weather is dry
- getting wet through at a village fayre is exactly how my back problem originally kicked off a few Summers ago! I might look daft but am not totally stooopid, rain remotely expected and I'll be here at home keeping warm and dry!
Mr Linky is below - please
let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you
quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a great week!
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)