This is what I made - two Christmas cards, both exactly the same:
- 7" x 5" white card blank, lengthways with side opening
- piece of 7" x 5" white card onto which I stamped Penny Black's 'dancing & prancing' image, using Memento Tuxedo Black in and the Misti - the Misti was essential to get a nice solid black stamp for the penguins
- then stamped the sentiment - really easy to centre and align, again using the same black ink and the Misti
- coloured the image with Feber-Castell Polychromos pencls
- only then, after stamping and colouring, did I trim the white image panel down - making sure I left equal amounts to the sides and top and bottom - as well as ensuring it would also leave an equal border around when placed on the card front
- then backed it with a slightly larger piece of SU's 'Real Red' card stock
- glued the red backing and the image panel onto the card front
- tickled the 'falling snow' with clear Wink of Stella
Ta-da - finished!
I'm almost sure I saw one of my lovely followers using the same stamp set around Christmas time - I bought it soon after and this is its first outing. Won't be the last as, apart from having the re-ink and stamp the main image a few times (thank goodness for the Misti), there's little colouring to do and it's such a fun image and sentiment.