Monday, 14 June 2010
A 'simples' idea which I came across a while back on someone's Blog - and once done it saves time wasted on scrabbling/testing for ink pad colours. It's self-explanatory really - just cut squares of white card about 1.5" - 2.0" square, punch holes in one corner, dab some of each inkpad on the front of each square and write (I printed labels) onto the back - name of brand/colour of inkpad. Then use a round ring of any sort but it should unclip so you can add future colours - I bought my slightly oval ones in Hobbycraft. Easy and it does save precious moments, which all add up!
Friday, 11 June 2010
On a brighter note following my previous post - I recently made this card for my step-mum and it's being posted today in time for her birthday on Monday....she loves cute cards. I know I'm safe posting this on the Blog BTW!
It's an easel card - a style I love making. The image is Penny Black's 'Cheesecake Party' and the stamped sentiment is by Hero Arts - stamped using a Dewdrops Brilliance inkpad in Pearlescent Orchid. I stamped the images onto die-cut backgrounds which were cut using my 'Nesties' - and I used watercolour pencils to colour the meece etc with a little bit of Anita's glaze to highlight the candle wax. The background card is by KanBan from QVC and the button and spotty ribbon, plus the lace, self adhesive pink ribbon and litle pink gems are from my stash.
It's her birthday on Monday and as she lives over 300 miles away I hope she has a lovely day and that M&S deliver her flowers in good time :)
Friday, 4 June 2010
Saw this idea in a tutorial on the Web and had to give it a try! Great fun - so long as you don't lose track of the cut out pieces :( - and so long as you don't do as I did and think you've got the image centred on a card, without taking into account the fact that the 'gaps in the brickwork' will mean that the image ends up not quite where you expected!
However, all was not lost (thankfully after all the fiddling around with little pieces of card) - I trimmed the end result and then layered it up a bit.
I used background card for the brick wall from a pack of Papermania's Capsule Collection - Sunshine is the name of the pack designed by Tina Higgins, the image was stamped in black using a clear acrylic stamp by Habico from their Chinese Flowers set...I think it might have looked better if I'd then embossed it but my heat gun isn't playing ball right now. This one is peonies - my favourite flower, and I spied fresh bunches of them last week in Sainsburys! Time for a little treat I think :)
The rescue of the botched attempt used ordinary black card and Core'dinations orange card and some orange card candy to try to pull it all together....and to make it less sombre (OH's observation when I was fiddling round trying to decide how to salvage things!).