Eek, Mo's February 2023 Rudolph Days Challenge is due to close - so I'm racing in with an upcycled Christmas card:
- 6.5" x 3.25" white mini slim card blank, tent style
- piece of Tonic 'Scarlet Organza' Tonic satin mirri card, die cut using a die from the Lawn Fawn stitched border 'Mini Slim Stackables' set and glued onto the card front
- I'd already chosen the card to upcycle, so I chopped it down to sit inside the red satin mirri 'frame'
- next I added a silver mirri card sentiment, backed with a white card die cut for dimension - cut using a Tonic Studios 'Mini Moments Merry Christmas' die
- then backed the image layer using thin white foam sheet and Collall All Purpose glue
- then glued it onto the red layer and called it done
I do so love the Tonic range of mirri, satin mirri and pearlescent card for Christmas cards. Their variety of red mirri shades is quite extensive and 'Scarlet Organza' is such a perfect match for the red car!
When cutting down the upcycled card I was pretty ruthless and cut off the top half which was a background scene of a horse and cart, some hills, trees and a few houses in the distance. I like that the focus is now drawn to the tree with the cardinals - as well as the car - and furry passenger! The card is still quite busy but the original was over fussy, IMHO.
And I still have a good selection of 2022 bought card fronts from ones we've been sent, in reserve to play with!