Wednesday 15 February 2023

And then, I met you

I wanted to make a CAS Valentine card for Len - nothing super-slushy - and came up with this:


I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" side opening card blank, made using Syntego 'White Linen Silkweave' textured card stock, scored, folded and trimmed to size

- die cut a row of hearts from a snippet of plain red card stock, three times and glued them on top of one another for dimension before setting them aside - the die I used is from Positively Papercraft's 'Two Piece Heart set'. 

- then cut a panel measuring 5.25" x 4" from the same sheet of card and scored it on all four sides at .25" from the outer edges

- dug through my stamp sets and found the sentiment I used - from an Avery Elle set called 'And then'

- stamped the sentiment onto the panel, checking where I wanted the row of hearts to be placed, used a Hero Hues Core Inkpad called 'Granite' for a softer look then straight black

- then glued the panel onto the card front

- finally, added the row of triple layered hearts 

The card is a pure white in real life, I forgot once again to tap my lamp setting to the daylight setting when taking the photo. Dumbo!

It went down well with Len, he likes CAS style cards! The sentiment is quite special, I met Len through work in London when we'd both been through traumatic marriage break-ups. We were colleagues and just friends for a good while, I never really expected that he would be into making another commitment. The words 'And then, I met you' sums up that you just never know what's around the corner!

I picked up a great tip from Chrissie, which a lot of you might very well know already. When folding your own scored or even a bought scored card blank, lay the opened out blank onto your scoreboard, butting the top edge of the card and left hand side against the raised edges. Then fold the right hand half over the left, along the score line to butt up against the raised edges then run your bone folder down the fold line - and you should have a folded card blank with perfectly lined up front and back edges.

I'd like to enter this card into:

The current Allsorts Challenge Week 715,  where the theme is 'A/G with the option All About Hearts'. 

Darnell's NBUS Challenge #47. My NBUS items are the hearts die and also the Hero Arts 'Granite' ink pad (thanks to Jennifer McGuire for the tip).

 



15 comments:

  1. Fantastic card for Valentines Day. Nice and CAS.
    Good tip for card blanks too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, great story, and great tip! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super CAS card and a lovely story to go with it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely CAS card for Len, sure he loved it and lovely story. Dare I admit Eddy didn't get one, first time since the tender age of 15 but he did get a nice meal, well a girl can't think of everything can she?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS for your hubby, and lovely story :) Thanks for the tip!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. AW! That is so romantic. What a wonderful story Di. We met on a Blind Date nearly 60 years ago. He didn't know what he was going to go through, Bless him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous CAS card and meaningful sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your story Di - there is always hope! Your card is stunning, and I love that you 'tailored' it to Len.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card Di. Roy and I can both relate to the sentiment too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think from our chat in Southampton all that time ago that there were a lot of similarities in our stories. Thank goodness for fate taking a hand! xx

      Delete
  10. Sweet card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous CAS card Di ... perfect for a man as I think they generally don't like a lot of fuss. Love the sentiment on it, and what a sweet story about how you met xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a super CAS card Di, and l love the little line of hearts in that pretty red, and a great sentiment too. I was married before but hubby wasn't, but we have been together for over forty years, so for me second time around has been perfect, and I don't think he wants to swap me for a newer model...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The absolute perfect CAS Valentine, my friend! Of course, he loved it! Love hearing how you 2 got together! I'd say that is your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.