Here's the sixth prize in the 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize draw, and it's this year's 'bit of a bumper one':
- 5.5" x 4.25" SU 'Real Red' card blank, side opening
- piece of background paper from Whimsy's gorgeous 'Blurry Flurries' double sided paper pack (sadly out of stock in the UK right now, I did try (unsuccessfully) to get hold of another one to add to the prize as it's very varied and pretty - sigh)
- I used a fresh sheet of the paper, trimming it to just slightly smaller than the card blank before gluing it in place using Collall All Purpose glue
- snippet of silver mirri card and a couple of snippets of white card, all die cut using MFT's 'Stacked Merry' sentiment die - then glued the three layers on top of one another
- snippet of white card onto which I stamped the little images using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Misti - plus a lovely set of stamps also by MFT called 'Joyous Holidays'
- coloured the images using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils and blending fluid, always my choice for speed and small images
- then die cut the images using the matching set of dies
- glued the 'MERRY' onto the card front
- then finally added the little images using teeny pieces of thin sticky pads
It's sounds quite a quick card to make but took me longer as two types of sparkly silver card didn't want to play nicely for the sentiment - it was the card I was trying to use rather than the beautiful MERRY die. I very closely followed a sample card on the MFT website made by Barbara Anders, which had the addition of the word 'Christmas' tucked underneath the reindeer. I left it off as I thought it wasn't necessary as the card shouts Christmas anyhow and - needless to say - I was racing against time as this was Len's Christmas card from me, made two days before Christmas!
And of course today's prize is:
The MFT 'Stacked Merry' die plus the MFT 'Joyous Holiday', set of stamps and matching dies. I bought them ages ago and the possibilities for using all the adorable stamps are endless. I love how well MFT's matching dies line up with their stamps so perfectly. There's just one chance to win this prize - in the early days, before a red mist of madness descended on me, it was actually going to be the ONLY prize over Christmas! What went wrong der den?
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE along with details of exactly how to join in - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during the three weeks that the challenge runs for to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 9th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Do please take time to read 'the rules' on the post in the
above link. No-one has found them confusing, as yet, but they really do
cover a lot of ground and are worth reading.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
It's New Year's Eve of course - here's wishing you health and happiness for 2021 - and also let there be an end to this ongoing virus pandemic. Len's son in Germany has just recovered from it - he was lucky and wasn't hit too badly although everyone was put into isolation of course.
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,