- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of sparkling silver self adhesive paper by X-Cut, popped onto a snippet of white card and die cut using a die from Waffle Flower's A2 'Layering' dies - just smaller than the card front
- snippets of the same self adhesive sparkling silver and also sparkling deep red X-Cut paper, cut into quarter inch wide strips (the papers aren't cheap and I squirrel every little scrap away!)
- stuck the snippet strips alternately onto another snippet of white card and set it aside for the moment
- die cut a panel from yet another snippet of white card, using a slightly smaller Waffle Flower A2 'Layering' die
- then used a Lil'Inkers die called 'Merry & Bright' to die cut a sentiment aperture, which has a stitched border all around it
- used a Spellbinders square die to die cut a square from the sparkly striped piece I made up earlier
- then carefully stuck it behind the sentiment aperture using a bit of a Zig glue on the letters then carefully peeling of first one side of red line tape then the other three sides - doing it that way gives you a better change of getting it right!
- then added the whole sentiment panel to the sparkling silver one using red line tape before then adding that to the card front using Collall glue (I find that red line tape adheres better to glitter paper - hence the mixture of adhesive!)
I wanted to be sure to use snippets and found the red and silver 'candy cane' idea on Pinterest. To be honest, the examples I've seen using just plain backing, whether sparkly or not, all look great - but I'm a sucker for making life hard for myself when time is short. Also, red line tape is really unforgiving with no 'wiggle room' and the silver border isn't even on both sides - but a blind man on a galloping horse wouldn't really notice ☺. However, Len loved it and immediately got the 'candy cane' look of it - clever chap!
I'm sure you're all aware that Lil'Inker has closed down. It was a little while back but I was lucky enough to manage to get this die before it disappeared off the shelves.
And of course today's prize is this:
It's the Lil'Inker's 'Merry and Bright' die - yay! AND, happy dance, I snapped up three (plus my own one of course) as prizes so you have three chances to win this lovely die! Soon to be nowhere to be found and already not here in the UK as I actually tried to get some more after this post went live and I realised how popular it is ...........so well worth playing for.
In the past, I've combined various prize items to make a card. However this year we have more single items as prizes but I've bought more than one of the item so there are several chances to win. I do love putting a selection together but it does take a lot more time on my part. As I've said already though, there is a bumper (ish) prize coming up at some point - you'll just have to wait and see!
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE along with details of exactly how to join in - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during the three weeks that the challenge runs for to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 9th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Do please take time to read 'the rules' on the post in the above link. No-one has found them confusing, as yet, but they really do cover a lot of ground and are worth reading.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
I'm sure many of you are in one form of lock down or another. It was a shock on Saturday to see the sudden changes to restrictions here in the UK and heartbreaking for many really genuine people who had made plans to be with family over Christmas. And of course the UK isn't the only country making huge changes. Not the best Christmas present for a lot of people
All I can say is that the Playground will remain open, Parsnip, Dudley and I will be here watching out and regularly wiping down the swings with Dettol wipes and more prizes will be appearing. We have a huge box of disposable masks at the gate and also a bin with scissors to snip the elastic as you leave them to be disposed of. This is to protect wildlife from being choked or strangled. You truly should wear disposable masks for one time only. They become less effective rapidly and I know that my dentist insists you were one of their brand new masks on a visit. No doubt SaRn our 'Prefect Extraordinaire' will be behind the bike shed controlling the crowds and dispensing hot mulled wine and mince pies! And this year I'm turning a blind eye to it and will be knocking back the drinkies and nibbles along with you! Just remember that Parsnip and Dudley are both 'under age'!
If I make some silly mistakes with dates and timings or anything else (thank you Sarn my dear girl for your email - appreciated) then please drop me an email (NOT in a comment as I will possibly delete it and may also delete a yes please at the same time). A lot of this is copy and paste and I'm doing my best.
Love from Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,