Monday 15 October 2012

Happy Birthday Pardner

When we were in New Mexico recently, Len was going bananas over bolo ties, stetsons and the like - the cowboy side was fighting its way to the fore!

Today is his birthday so the theme for a card was a bit of a no-brainer really, in fact I'd already started planning this whilst on holiday:
I used:

- A5 white card stock

- Paper Studio 'Dark Denim' and 'Handkerchief' papers, plus toning ribbons, bought in NM whilst shopping with Kay in Hobby Lobby and then hidden in the bottom of my suitcase to bring back home

- other card used was all from SU's 'Neutrals' range

- stamp set by Personal Impressions called 'Cowboys Rule OK' - I paper pieced all the outfit and added some colouring here and there..........the only thing missing seems to be a pair of trousers/pants - don't get me giggling, I have the funniest image in my mind now :)

- sentiment by Hero Arts from their CL047 Messages set

- Josy Rose nail heads, plus a Josy Rose star on the stetson :)

Like a lot of menfolk, Len doesn't seem to get very many birthday cards. He professes not to be bothered but I did see him quietly counting up all the lovely cards I got a month ago for my Birthday - bless.

So, to prove I'm totally barking, yesterday I made a second card:
This one is from the garden birds and Spike the hedgehog (grin, written inside as if Spike roused himself from hibernation to make it too) 'cos Len is so good at making sure they are fed and watered :)

It's 4" square white linen card stock, topped with red card and then more white linen card, Good old Penny Black stickeroos again - from their 'A Bunch of Love' and 'Bouncing With Joy' sheets. Spike struggled with the stickeroos so I did give him a little hand.

Happy Birthday Len!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Two great cards...so sweet thqat you made him two!!!
    I loved the theme of each as I remember you saying he was looking at the bolo ties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Di. I think I have the second - from a sheet of acrylic clear stamps from Penny Black (I think) - it's a hedgehog anyway and must use it more!

    Poor Len - men don't seem to get many do they? My Dad, and now my brother wouldn't care if they didn't get any - and would rather have a £1 towards a pint or a lottery ticket. We women can't let that happen can we?

    Gorgeous anyway.

    Did you find a Michaels while you were away? I'd love to visit one of their stores - who wouldn't. I wish they'd open them over here.

    Anyway, I'll stop waffling now...

    big hugs

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're all charged up with your card making Di....it must have been that WOYWW crop :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Len, sending this message to add to your cards to get the numbers up for you!

    Lovely cards Di, perfect for the recipicent, sure he loved them both.

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Rach . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEN have a great day.
    Love from the mad Chikkin Woman!

    PS: Two perfect cards for Len here Di. Surprised you did have a spray can and some green bushes added to the Hedgie one. Smirk! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday again Len...that is twice I have wished you now!
    I too am daft enough to make Hubby two cards...one from me and one from the menagerie!!
    Hope you have a great day and start the diet tomorrow! All this food girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fabulous card Di, hope Len has a fantastic birthday and gets lots more cards.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards Di, I'm thinking of some of those leather chaps in place of the pants, ooh-er missus!!! Many Happy Returns to Len for today, think you should print this out and give it to him!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant birthday cards Di, love them both.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Len. Next year you'll have to get the word out early and we can all send him a card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Di, Happy birthday to Len, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards, Especially the first one.(you are naughty with your words but I like yer). My Dad always bought my Mum 2 birthday cards, 2 anniversary cards and 2 christmas cards. When I asked her why she said Dad told her he chose one for the picture and one for the words!!! Happy returns to Len.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely idea sending one from Spike, bless but what about the naughty monkeys, no banana's for them tomorrow.
    Fab card, love all the cowboy gear but see you haven't got him any spurs. Hope you managed to get him the steak though, hope you cooked it on a campfire with baked beans and tin plates.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! Not so much barking as just a bit of a softie and I bet the birthday boy was delighted - even a card from a hedgehog is something to brag about :)) Two fab cards and I love all the cowboy stuff ... did himself bring back a stetson as a keepsake. Hope he's had a lovely day. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are perfect cards Di and love the fact Spike helped too. I agree they don't seem to get anywhere near as many cards as we do, maybe next year we need to organise a hubbie card swop. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Len!!!!

    Di - the cowboy card came together nicely. And I love the hedgehog! Hmmm, I saw a hedgehog stamp somewhere but resisted buying it - perhaps I shouldn't have.....

    Hugs to you both,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the western theme card (also Big Birthday wishes).But I gotta say, little Hedgie is my fave ...he's just so doggoned adorable..sure to be loved. As always, fantastic job with the PB stickers. Spike done good. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.