Monday 1 October 2012

'All wrapped up for Christmas'

Ha, bet that made you wonder if preparations were finished here - no way, apart from card making I haven't even really thought about it! It's the theme of this week's challenge over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge :)

So, I turned to last year's leftover cards (not a lot left to cannibalise now) and made this quickie:
I used:

- 7" x 5" card stock, trimmed by just a quarter of an inch to fit the backing card which is 6.5" x 4.5" 

- backing card from Dovecraft's 'Noel' paper pad. Despite a slightly awkward size (in my eyes anyhow) these papers are fabulous (in fact they're really more like quite thick card), a lot are glittered like the patterned one I used and a lot are double sided so lots of plain toning colours to choose from

- image chopped from a card from last Christmas and mounted onto deep red 'Noel' paper

- strip of deep red 'Noel' paper

- sentiment by Craftwork Cards

- Josy Rose nail heads

I resisted adding any ribbon, which is unusual for me. It just didn't need it - in my humble opinion anyhow.

And how lovely, I won some digi images in last week's challenge over at Hazel's - yippee :)

Hope you had a great weekend folks!

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love your description of chopping up last years cards!!! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win Di. Another lovely recycled card Di.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card you have done so well with your recycling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with the recycling, Di - fab card - I don't think Santa could possibly carry any more than that! Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 92 and congrats for winning 91 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Di, love the image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great card Di and how great it is to recycle your old Christmas cards they do have there uses don't you think and this one really fits the challenge well done and good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY Di . . . has a vintage feel to it.

    Congrats on your digi win.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's early I thought!!! At least your Christmas box will be full soon! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your win Di, it's a great feeling when you win something.

    I think you did right to resist the ribbon, your card looks great just as it is. Love the backing papers.

    Hope your Monday is a good'un xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous, Di! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done you, on your win.
    I have had that paper pad and found it very hard to use, but this goes so very well with the image.
    I never keep my Christmas cards except close Family ones but you have given me a very naughty idea?
    Pay back time, me thinks!!!!!!!!!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Di,

    What a nice, simple card. You are right, it doesn't need any ribbon!

    Getting ready for my trip. Woo hoo!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. So then! I am a cannibal now then?!! Hmmmn! Do I take that as a compliment or insult?
    Good card and good choice of background....I have those too!
    Hugs or gnash!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Di, super card and you wouldn't know it was cannibalised! Love the backing paper and if Santa stops of at mine with a sack that full I'd be a very happy teddy indeed :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.