Thursday 11 October 2012

I doesn't only do pink :)

Sometimes, I do ring the changes:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- backing paper from Prima's 'Firefly' Collection - some lovely papers in this pack, and a lot are perfect for cards with 'fairy or pretty girlie' images

- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Sun-kissed' sheet - I have this stamp and it's one of my favourites, although I wouldn't have thought to colour it in blue and mauve - which does go so well with the backing paper

- mauve plain card from snippets folder, both behind the image and the sentiment

- the sentiment stamp is my other £1 bargain from The Range, it's an Anita's stamp called 'Thank you so much', stamped using SU 'Bashful Blue' which shows up so much better in real life. Coloured the flower with a mauve Whispers pen and added a Josy Rose nail head to the centre and hand cut a banner, backed with mauve card then swept a little bit of the 'Bashful Blue' along the white card to tone it down a bit as in the Stickeroo

- a snippet of mauve organza ribbon tied into a bow.

Here's an easier way to tie a bow with the ribbon wrapped around the spine of a card as this one is - tie the bow at the top of the card along the top edge and then gently ease it down the front - you might find gently bending the card while you move the bow down helps. The top edge gives better 'purchase' when fiddling on :)

My plan for today is to get up with the sparrows and drive to Reading to stock up the freezer at Costco - hmmm, depends on whether or not the sparrows decide to have a little lie-in or not!

Edit: I didn't go in the end - the joy of being able to stay here and craft as opposed to driving in miserable rain was too much of a one-sided argument really. Maybe tomorrow :)

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Have u got sparrows in your garden then? Havn't seen any for yonks!!!
    Have fun at Costco. Dun you fall in any of the freezers. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do blue well...I knew you had more than pink in your snippet box! Costco...that's where I'm headed tomorrow! We have one 15 miles away. Our's already has Christmas decorations up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sparrows get up early so good luck :-)
    Love this card cos blue really is my colour :-) ....I do pinks and lilacs too but I love blue most.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card. Neat bow Mrs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, Your card is lovely great layout pretty image, ribbon and colour so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the dreamy colours you've used Di, and the organza ribbon adds to the airy feel. Don't blame you for not going anywhere in this dreary weather! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't blame you for not going out...hope it passes by Saturday morning!
    Lovely card there and nice to not see pink!! Though I do not have anything against pink!
    Had to giggle at your comment yesterday....have you ever seen me pack for a crop? Last time I went on retreat to Cornwall I managed to fill the boot of my Volvo 960...my tiny suitcase was on the back seat!! LOL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this stamp and I also had the stickeroo and I used the stickeroo before the stamp, brilliant card, love it.
    I have just entered the LIM this week and I meant to link to the snippets as well as it was using snippets, sorry forgot.
    I spent well over an hour last night searching for my small corner rounder punch when i eventually remembered I broke it last week, on one of the cards that went in the bin.
    I have 2 bow makers, 1 bowdabra and I still can not do a decent bow. I am beyond help.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now there was me thinking that if it wasn't pink it didn't find it's way into your craft room :)) Lovely card and another great Stickeroo - and the bow is perfect. It's done nothing but rain here today too and I didn't venture out the door either - much cosier staying at home. Only a couple of more sleeps :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Di , I love blue almost as much as pink lol. I frequent the Costco in Bristol myself, love a bargain. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...
    I sue your tip to tie my ribbons...It sure helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Di, this is so sweet! I love blue daisies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.