- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- backing paper from Prima's 'Firefly' Collection - some lovely papers in this pack, and a lot are perfect for cards with 'fairy or pretty girlie' images
- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Sun-kissed' sheet - I have this stamp and it's one of my favourites, although I wouldn't have thought to colour it in blue and mauve - which does go so well with the backing paper
- mauve plain card from snippets folder, both behind the image and the sentiment
- the sentiment stamp is my other £1 bargain from The Range, it's an Anita's stamp called 'Thank you so much', stamped using SU 'Bashful Blue' which shows up so much better in real life. Coloured the flower with a mauve Whispers pen and added a Josy Rose nail head to the centre and hand cut a banner, backed with mauve card then swept a little bit of the 'Bashful Blue' along the white card to tone it down a bit as in the Stickeroo
- a snippet of mauve organza ribbon tied into a bow.
Here's an easier way to tie a bow with the ribbon wrapped around the spine of a card as this one is - tie the bow at the top of the card along the top edge and then gently ease it down the front - you might find gently bending the card while you move the bow down helps. The top edge gives better 'purchase' when fiddling on :)
My plan for today is to get up with the sparrows and drive to Reading to stock up the freezer at Costco - hmmm, depends on whether or not the sparrows decide to have a little lie-in or not!
Edit: I didn't go in the end - the joy of being able to stay here and craft as opposed to driving in miserable rain was too much of a one-sided argument really. Maybe tomorrow :)