Wednesday 24 October 2012

The best things in life are chocolate

I made this card recently, for my friend Moira to give to her sister-in-law on her 60th Birthday. Moira and I have been friends since we were 13 years old, thrown into boarding school life at the same time. She makes me laugh and I love the time we do manage to spend together - despite her living in Bonnie Scotland and me being in deepest Hampshire. It's one of those friendships where you almost pick up the conversation where you left it, sometimes a year ago.

Anyhow, enough of the sloppy mush - this is the card I made:
I used:

- 6" x 6" cream scalloped card stock

- Craftwork Cards cream pearlescent backing paper and already scalloped pink square, plus the sentiment. These all came in a co-ordinated pack with card candi to match a good while ago

- the box of chocolates stamp is a Joanna Sheen one from her 'Chocolate Box' collection, I don't think it's available now, trimmed then coloured with Pro Markers, with touches of stickles and liquid pearls

- card candi to spell Brenda's name was stamped using Craftwork cards clear 'little alphabet and numbers set', also used to stamp '60' on the box lid

- a snippet of pink ribbon and a hand made pink rose to provide the finishing touches

I really enjoyed making this card, but I just bet you all know that feeling when it's not going directly to someone from yourself and so spent ages worrying over it :) Apparently Brenda was thrilled - so that makes me quietly very happy :)

No WOYWW from me this week, lots going on and not a lot of time for fun, frivolity and blog hopping. But should you smell home made piccalilli wafting in your direction today - that'll be part of what's going on here.

Right, where's me white overall, hairnet, and rubber gloves - I know I left them handy, along with the goggles for the pickled onion session :(

Have a lovely day!

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card today Di [as always]. Good luck with the pickled onions....No WOYWW today?
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Di, love it. Good luck with the pickles!!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another home of industry :), not a fan of piccalilli l'm afraid due to the mustard but I'm sure it'll be great.

    Lovely card for your friends friend, who wouldn't like the look of those lovely choc's. Shame it wasn't a scratch and sniff card, all the lovely smell but non of the calories!

    Enjoy your busy day Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Di. I love the Candi Stamps and really should use them more. Love what you've done. Take care lovely, Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card (being a chocoholic!) Oh nooooo! That's 2 addictions I've admitted to in blogland this week! HELP!

    Yes . . . I know the feeling you mention about making cards for others! Oh the anguish!

    Try not to make your kitchen walls yellow too! Just the piccalilli x

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know just what you mean about chocolate Di and laughter is one of the best things too. Perhaps even better than chocolate. In fact, whoever invents chocolate laughter is onto a winner! I love your card with all its clever details and I'm not surprised your friend was delighted. Does Len know you're going to be dressing up in the white overall, hairnet and rubber gloves today?! Good luck with the piccalilli, my nose is twitching as I type! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a photo of you in the pickle outfit!! lol Fab card Di. Have a good week. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmn! Not sure what to make of the attire today! Does Len like that kinda thing?
    Not sure I fancy coming round to sniff the air but may swap you for a jar of honey in return!
    That card is gorgeous and I really don't know why you get in a flap!!
    Have fun!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Missing you on WOYWW today - I simply can't recall if I said a proper thanks for the bookmark, I am LOVING IT and will have to make some myself - I think DS would love one. Keeping my eyes peeling in Morrisons.....

    Happy WOYWW even if it isn't in a WOYWW post

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun making piccalilli???sp???
    Not sure what it is...I think it might be what we call relish!

    your card is lovely...bet your friends sister loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm chocolate!
    Can`t go wrong with chocolate whether real or on a card. Love the pink and chocolate colour combo too.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, This is lovely and how nice that your still friends after all this time that's whats called friendship!! she will adore this card its stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Di, love your treatment of the ribbon - I'd call that inspired :)

    I spent ages peering at the WOYWW links looking for you so had to come looking. I'd say making piccalilli takes precedence. Hope you found those goggles.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now that is the truth! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely love your beautiful card Di.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a perfect card and featuring my all time favourite thing too...chocolate lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love piccalilli, Di! A good reason to be away from the computer. If you come to stamp with me, you can bring a jar. Oh, and you can park on the street now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Di,

    What a pretty card! I'm not surprised your friend was very happy with it!

    I didn't join WOYWW this week either. Sent you an email....

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. it was very much appreciated brenda loved it

    ReplyDelete
  20. now thats a thought. Should have made the roses scented. Hmm? I wonder? Working on it as we speak. !!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.