Thursday 4 October 2012

But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle made for two - tra, laa

As soon as I realised that SU were retiring their 'Wedding Wheels' stamp of course I just had to have it didn't I - greedy little pig :(

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is a Lucky Dip and it's 'Love and Marriage' so out came the stamp for its first airing of what I think will be many:
I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card stock

- SU's 'Wedding Wheels' stamp and Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad, image cut using an oval Nestie

- a snippet of purple mirri card cut using the same Nestie but by drawing round the outside of it and cutting by hand

- sentiment stamped in Tuxedo Black and using a stamp from SU's 'Congrats' set

- two Josy Rose 'hot fix' purple hearts

A small and simple card - and as a lot of people are choosing shades of purple for their wedding 'colour scheme' I think it could be deemed as 'on trend' - truth be known I selected the hearts first and then rootled through the snippets folder for matching card :)

And the ovals are lined up OK, I just wasn't crouching low enough when I took the photo - if I get right down I just mightn't get back up again!

Len pitched in today to help sort out the logo business - what a star :)

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Ver-y elegant. The simplicity of your layout is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! What a fantastic wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzie, what a striking card, Di! Love the bi-4-2 in the oval against the brilliant and elegant purps!!

    And love me some Len, too, for helping you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wedding card Di, love the SU image. I'm newly discovering Josy Rose thanks to Jules, it looks a great bit of kit.

    Well done Len, you saved our Di from going totally crazy, your a star :)

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That image couldn't be more perfect for the challenge and perfect card too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another fab card Di and def on trend :-)
    Hugs,
    A x
    ps you can have one of today's rolls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Really fab CAS Wedding card Di. LOVE the on-trend colour too! Reminds me of Cadburys for some inexplicable reason!!!!!! LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab image Di and your card is a stunner too! great for the lim challenge good luck this could be a winner!! have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card. Love that stampin up image. The little hearts are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, would make good invites.
    Hope you haven't been singing that song all day.
    Good old Len, glad he helped you, saves me trekkin all that way down.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card there Honey and well done to Len. Don't want my Buddy frazzled next week, after all she will be doing my fetching and carrying next Saturday. Only 9 more sleeps!! Yeah! Fergus is dying to meet you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card, Di, I just love that fun stamp and the sentiment is fun too. I'm right there with you on the getting down and getting back up again thing ... it's just a journey too far now :) Glad to hear the logo think is done and dusted - gives you time to play again. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this image, makes a fun wedding card. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really lovely card, Di, just right for the brief. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love the silhouette stamp
    FAB card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Di! The silhouette is so elegant and very CAS.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.