Tuesday 9 October 2012

Just a note...............

I bought this stamp in the £1 bin at The Range last week - what a bargain:
And then I spotted this week's Less Is More Challenge, which is to use a touch of silver somewhere. My initial card had just the silver of the nib, but then I added the silver nail heads for a little bit of 'pop'.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- a  Spellbinders Flourished Label die, which wasn't going to be long enough so I partly cut it and then turned it round in the Cuttlebug moving the die along a bit and cut the other end to add more length. For a first attempt I'm reasonably happy with the result and it's certainly one to try with other dies as well

- the stamp I was itching to use is an Anita's stamp, appropriately called 'Just a note', stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad and the nib coloured with a silver gel pen and the barrel was coloured with a Burgundy Pro Marker and then tickled with Anita's glaze - which doesn't show up on the photo - sigh :(

- just a couple of embossed lines above and below the flourish and three Josy Rose nail heads in each corner


Things went totally upside down here yesterday, some family stuff, tricky issues also being kicked around in a flurry of emails after the school association committee meeting plus a friend arrived rather upset after one of her oldest friends passed away and I spent time with her, as any of us would have I know. I must say, she went home thinking this place is a mad house - Hank and Marvin, my two monkeys, were tucked under a throw on a sofa still from when I 'put them to bed' last night!

So my day flew by without any time yet to do last week's snippets roll call. It's top of my 'to-do' list for today though!

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Oh, me, I think I smell a winner here, Di! Love the CAS and the design and the nail heads and can just hear Chrissie and Mandi clapping with approval!!

    Sorry you are being tossed around still by life's whirlwinds! You are good to one and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sorry things are so unsettled for you ATM Di. I hooe you wake to a better day in the morning.
    What a fab stamp and brilliant card. Love the elegant scoring.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this very simple but lovely card Di.
    Hugs
    caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah Di a super card - I a really adore it and I have done that with dies and folders too, when not big enough or too too big .. when able works a treat..
    Now am sure roll all is treasured treat, but time with a needy friend is always top of the list and know you were needed there then! God bless you for that, dear Di, Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...you'll get a lot of mileage from that stamp Di...loVe your card, less is more is very striking...Melx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a pretty normal sort of day for me Di. Jo often says she is going to put 'counselling services provided' on my sign at the gate cos so many of my customers come here for far more than just sewing. :-)
    ...just don't forget I'm here for you too so shout if you need to share.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Di . . . and a bargain stamp.

    Wishing you a calmer day today honey.

    Big Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamp Di is a right bargain and you have done a lovely job using it for the LIM challenge truly lovely!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bargain stamp you got there.Love the card you made with it. My boys are on top of the wardrobe refusing to come down after reading the post on Shaz in Oz about the mahooosive spider in her bathroom. They say they are never washing or brushing their teeth ever again!!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant card and such a brilliant stamp buy Di.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card and super tip for lengthening the die to suit the stamp ... bargain stamp too. Hope things have quietened down for you today. Been feeling a bit under the weather myself so perhaps I should have been tucked up with those two little monkeys :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous entry, love it and the faffing with the die cut was certainly worth it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Di

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Di, very CAS, what a bargain with the stamp too!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Di, I think I have this stamp, I must dig it out!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.