Thursday 19 July 2012

Twinkle, twinkle, little star

This week's challenge over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge is - 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star', a perfect Christmas challenge indeed and the star is just right (not me, Dufex!). I plumped for a truly lovely Dufex image found in one of the Christmas craft boxes, in fact there were two the same so of course made two cards at the same time. Reckon it'll still be a rush nearer Christmas though:
I used:

- white DL card stock

- Dufex image, found in my store of goodies, no idea what it's called (I've scouted, as you do when on the back foot,and think it's called 'Shepherd Boy'. But I can't find anywhere that stocks, or they are out of stock - sob!) It really is adorable and very 3-D in real life. Must try and track more like this down, but it's tough going :(

- red semi-shiny backing card - but it's not the real 'shine in yer face' stuff which can sometimes really look a bit OTT. It's sort of soft satin finish (not that you can see that from the photo) and looks better with the Dufex image

- white/silver patterned and embossed card - bought from Art of Craft simply ages ago

- sentiment by Craftwork Cards, mounted onto an oval of the red card, punched using my much loved SU oval punch

- a little piece of red ribbon - originally on a Christmas present, very carefully ironed and stored away in the ribbon box :)

I'm off to try to catch up on my WOYWW commenting now. Not sure if it was Blogger or the combination of Linux Mint and Firefox - we'll see what happens now.

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and you are right that image is adorable. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image! Gorgeous! Of course we'll find something to stress about at Christmas time even if all our cards are made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the prob with leaving comments is sorted for you now. Maybe you've been censored :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely little image, and a fitting mount. It made me go and look through my dufex Christmas sheets but I didn't have that one. I don't go for dufex very often but their Christmas images are all rather nice. Of course they went out of business a year or so ago, and were then taken over, so that image may have been discontinued.
    I had no problems with WOYWW comments last night. Hope yours are sorted now. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - I'm managing to comment using the baby laptop - next stop is the big lappy to see if that behaves! Di xs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card Di. Great image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely traditional Christmas card Di.

    Glad you're able to "Keep Calm and Comment On" again! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di, the image is gorgeous, love those little lambs especially. If all else fails when tracing it, do you remember Anthony who used to be on C & C with Dufex, he is now with Pinflair, you could try asking him as Pinflair now do a bit of Dufex as well. Also it may be called something to do with the star and manger - just a thought. Anyway, good luck in finding it! A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a delightful card and such a cute image - I can imagine the shimmer that it gives irl. Good idea to make two at the same time - your stock must be growing nicely. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 81 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, jenx 149

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the light and perspective in that image, Di. I agree with Hazel that it's a good idea to make more than one of something while you're at it - it's less work in the long run and it builds your stock!

    Thanks for your nice comment on my blog - I'm actually a bit concerned at the amount of beautiful kitchen paper this technique generates as I haven't a clue how I'm going to use so much - perhaps I'll paper the walls fo the house with it lol! Hugs to you and the virtual cat.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought I was on my own blog at first as I use the same template. LOL

    Cute card

    Carol 164

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and stunning Di, and you are right the image is just perfect.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Di, This is truly beautiful l do like the original looking christmas images and this one is beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Di, such a sweet image :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think blogger is having a whoopsy at the moment at comments I post are coming back with some very funny screens.Personally i blame the Jet Stream for everything.!! Two cards ere for the price of one missus. Can't be bad. Defo on a bread and water diet after the hefty Vets bill this morning. The Wimps is on a protest march around the garden at the mo with one beady eye on the back door just in case he needs to do a quick bunk. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card. Love the background paper with the image.
    Thanks for joining CHNC 81.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card there Di. I am with Mrs A - blame the jet stream! or Men!
    Keep Calm and Prattle On ey!! It is nearly the (long for me) weekend! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Di, love it, and of course you are a star, love the background paper.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.