Friday 13 July 2012

As Victor Meldrew would say - 'I don't belieeeve it'

Who would have thought that this week's Less Is More Challenge colour challenge, which is 'Gold' - could have caused so much angst here :( I had every type of gold card and paper out, gold ink pads, stamps, punches, dies, embossing powder - the lot! Every card I tried was a failure of some sort or another. Tell me, does embossing powder go off? Did you know just how many types and shades of gold crafting goodies there are? Can you please tell me how to remove embossing powder from inside my ears?

Anyhow, all week I've kept returning, determined not to be beaten, but it's a paltry offering in the end I'm afraid:
As luck would have it, this 'much lusted after' die arrived in the post yesterday so I thought 'Go for it'. You couldn't have a much simpler card I know - hardly taxing in terms of crafting ability :(

I used:

- 4.75" x 4.75" square white card stock, two corners rounded

- pearlescent gold card from the snippets folder, die cut using Marianne Creatables die LR0174

- sentiment stamped in gold, which is a perfect match in real life, from the newly acquired Stampendous 'Reindeer Swirls' set (bad girl Brenda for tempting me). I love the Reindeer Swirls stamps, every single one of them and would have used them if the embossing powder wasn't 'off', or perhaps not good quality as I bought it donkey's years ago

- almost forgot, one little gold gem in the star on the tree - I think the tree could take more gems, but not for Less Is More probably

So, now a question - do Mandi and Chrissie our Less Is More Hostesses have shares in white card? There's almost enough in the waste bin here to send shares soaring!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Gosh Di you do get points for perseverance, I’d have given up and found a cool dark place to hide. It is a lovely card.
    Love & Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Di your xmas tree card is lovely. Not sure how to remove embossing powder from ears sorry. Isnt it funny how sometimes a technique in crafting can get us so tangled. But I am so glad that you beat the challenge. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love it Di - it's beautifully CAS and the touch of bling to the tree gives it a pretty finish. I don't know if embossing powder goes off as I usually disperse it round my craft square metre with sneezes or the crafting tool before I've had it long... oh and I find a cotton bud moistened with a little baby oil removes it from the ears (only kidding - I've never had to do THAT!) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faith intended that you entered a card using your new die. I do like this card. The die is great, looks like a must have to me.

    And Yes I am sure our LIM hostesses have shares in white card.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased that your die arrived to save you from your quandary this week Di. Your card looks wonderful!
    I DO believe that embossing powder can go off... I had a large pot of Heat it Up gold which went decidedly peculiar... I used lots of it for triple embossing and then chucked the rest!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embossing powder in the ears?....I'm imagining what would happen if you had a hot flush! :-) Simple card yes but also rather lovely.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and elegant, sounds like you had my experience of embossing happening. Not sure how to remove embossing powder from your ears or truthfully how it got there in the first place lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh just get Len to blow inside your ear (WITH HIS EYES SHUT so that the powder doesn't blind him as it puffs out!)

    Woot, woot . . . SUPER CAS card . . . very elegant.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heat emboss your ears and transform the powder into a focal point? Maybe not..
    I really love this tree die and would like to add it to my collection at some point. In fact I did pick it up when I bought my gilding flakes last week but I was a good girl and put it back as I had only gone for gilding flakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Di, this card is just delightful! I always find CAS cards sooo hard, my bin always fills up with mistakes when I try!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glitter on your nose, embossing powder in your ear.... you haven't quite got the hang of this crafting malarky have you Di???!!! Glad to be an enabler! I do like that set, I use the sentiments a lot from it for other projects, like you have done. Sounds like Mrs A wants it too! This is a great card, good thing you persevered.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty card there Di. I feel your pain with the wasting white card. I was making a step card with different dimensions to the instructions! Grrrr. 3 for 1!
    Worth it though in the end. You will see it soon!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is terrific Di, worth all the heartache [we caused] lol
    That's a super die!
    I do often thing, well wish I had shares in white card I have tons. I do LOVE a white card!
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di, this is lovely - you showed admirable self-control and only used one gem to decorate that gorgeous tree - it's perfect :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny I was just the same but didn't like to admit it and I was the same as you felt that my card was too easy peasy but I have missed a couple of challenges so thought what the heck it is going in.
    Fabulous die cut and a superb card, lets face it is is LIM and some people idea of this does not seem to be the same as mine.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di, What a want to know is how you managed to get it in your ear to begin with!! not sure how to remove it but l'm sure it'll wear away with time....lol Your card is gorgeous and thats a stunning die :)x

    ReplyDelete
  17. White card, waste bin !!! Take it out imediately. The waste bin is for erm what is a waste bin for!!!
    How'd you get powder in yer ear you mucky lass. Hmm might be interesting at night, would you glow in the dark do you think?
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.