Friday 20 July 2012

Still, at least it's another Christmas card done

.....even though I didn't realise that the challenge over at Winter Wonderland, to have sentiment as the focal point on your card, closed at 5pm yesterday:
Besides which, I desperately wanted to play with the lovely Sizzix embossing folder that Mary H kindly sent to me :)

I used:

- an A6 card, already patterned and bought ages ago from QVC

- Sizzix 'Sending Love at Christmas' embossing folder, brayered with silver ink on the side with the indentations before adding white card snippet and running it through the Cuttlebug and then trimmed plus the corners rounded

- another piece of white card from the snippets folder, corners rounded and the edge coloured with lavender Pro Marker

- lavender  and silver ribbon from the ribbon box

Hmm, I didn't think to make two at the one sitting - which would have been sensible while I was waving the brayer round :( Duh, I'm such a Mrs Potato Head at times!

Friday Feast will follow later.

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. Hello Di, up late again, I see :) Beautiful card, love that embossing folder and what you did to get that effect - very clever and definitely not a Mrs Potato Head at all. And I'd like a ten pound note for every time I've missed a challenge deadline, I'd be pretty well-off by now :)) I didn't know you had a trolley too - and I don't know why I hadn't thought of it before, it's perfect! Now, who's the Mrs Potato Head :)) Right, better get some beauty sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Di, love the embossing, thought it was heat embossing as the image was so crisp. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Di, the colour combo is fabulous and I love the embossing folder.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you do it Di....so many cards and each one is different and so beautiful.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame you missed the deadline but it happens to us all! Like you say, it's another (STUNNING) one for the box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH . . . . pretty! But you mentioned the dreaded brayer . . . so I'm running away!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Di, Oh its such a pity you didn't make the time for this challenge as your card is absolutely beautiful and a winner as far as l am concerned totally stunning:)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was about to say you could enter that at Winter Wonderland when I realised it's now Friday already! Love the colours on this one and I really need to give the inking up of embossing folders a go.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great, love the white on the embossed panel and the background with the darker image around the outside! M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, the backing is really lovely and the main sentiment is great and in silver too, goes so well with the backing.
    I didn't enter as I had no big main sentimant stamp.

    KAth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this card. You really did great with the EF. Such a soft & snowy effect...beautiful. Glad you had a chance for a test run. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.