Thursday 26 July 2012

Less Is More - sewing

Another fun challenge over at Less Is More this week, sewing, either real, faux or images related to sewing - that sort of thing. As always, if I don't race to join in, a lot of my initial ideas have already gone - this time it was sewing machines and tailors' dummies, sigh :( I blame being glued to the laptop writing up the snippets roll call each Saturday when the new LIM challenge appears and then being too flaked out to do much thinking on Sundays - good excuse huh?! :)

Anyhow, eventually I came up with this little cutie, no real stitching sadly but it should be a good card for a friend of mine who is an avid cross-stitcher:
I used:

- white DL card stock, with the corners rounded

- a House Mouse Hop-It stamp called 'A Stitch In Time', stamped in Memento 'London Fog' and just some slight colouring with a red Whispers pen

- sentiment from Lawn Fawn's 'Sew Lovely' stamp set - stamped using SU 'Rose Red' ink pad

If I go back to Less Is More and spot that someone has done the same I'll just lie on the floor and cry :(

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. this is só cute, love the little mouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is cute Di. And don't worry if someone else has used the same image on LIM . . . you still have a great card for your friend.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would definatly be a case of great minds think a like if there is another the same Di so don't worry.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a cute card Di. Know what you mean about the LIM challenge. I tend not to look at other peoples cards until I have done mine. At least then if I have used the same stamp as somebody else I know its just a coincidence

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is 'sew' cute. I love the image. I'd post it in the challenge and then see if anyone else had as good an idea as you! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't cry! It's a fantastic CAS card, perfect for your friend, and if someone else has used the image then they are clearly as good as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your so funny Di, Hopefully you son't be lying down!! great card and a great image too :)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous and what the heck if someone else has done it!! Shows good taste!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Di - I never let the fact that idea has been used put me off! Especially if it is the only one I have;)
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't bear to look either ... did they? This is just adorable! I've never seen that image before. And it's okay there is no sewing, you used "images related to sewing" for sure!!

    I'm gathering that there are at least a couple of you who take turns doing the roll call? That Jules used to do it? How long is your "term" for?

    I'm heading out of town today to see old friends, but am going to pop around the roll call now until it's time to leave.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No crying, time to put on your big girl panties and kick someone's behind if they shamelessly stole idea! I really like this card. The floss on the card pops so well it looks like real thread attached there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely - the image is so cute and the red is a great contrast! M x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that uncoloured image with just the little pop of red! I looked at the HM official web site today and noted that there are 559 wood mounted stamps available! I have 58 and thought I was doing really well!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Luv your meeces to pieces!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s. Won't show your card to The Wimp. He might run a mile!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A brilliant card Di, with such an adorable image.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a little sweetie!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.