Monday 9 July 2012

A little bit choppy today

Whilst in Art of Craft the other week I bought a set of Warren images, made by Craftwork Cards. A real delight to colour and this one is such fun:
I love the way the seagull is perched at the front of the little fishing boat looking hopefully to see what catch there might be :)

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- backing paper from Bo Bunny's 'Barefoot and Bliss' collection. As soon as I flicked through the pad here this particular paper cried out to be used with Warren - I added nothing to the background itself, it comes complete with the choppy waves and seagulls

- Craftwork Cards 'Warren' image coloured with Pro Markers to go with the backing paper

- I then cut two dark blue card (from the snippets folder) 'portholes', one for the image and one for the sentiment, by using two Nesties together, held in placed before die cutting with low tack tape. The porthole effect isn't as obvious in the photo but in real life it's pretty distinct, even my in-house critic noticed, bless :)

- sentiment also came with the 'Warren' pack

I've had to put the card out of sight though, I do get sea sick sometimes and found it was making me feel a bit queasy :(

Whoop, whoop, I was a runner up in June's challenge over at St Luke's with this card:
Why not have some fun and join in this month's challenge which is cards for teenagers?

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Smashing card - love the portholes and the gull is cute.

    Congratulations on being chosen as a runner-up - though I'm not surprised, everyone loves those cute critters :)

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    PS: Can't you sleep too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little sailor in his sou-wester. Fantastic coloring job also. The paper is really perfect for this image. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Di. Love Warren, he's sooo cute.
    Congratulations on your runner-up win, very well deserved.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely backing paper and it goes with the image perfectly. You have coloured Warren in so well too.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats with your runner's up win. Funny you should mention it but I'm a bit sea sick too :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your runner up win.

    Di, your card is brilliant I love the little adorable chappie sitting there fishing, wonder what his catch is.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card Di and I thought it was moving as those waves look so real. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being runner-up! It's a fabulous card, as is today's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot whoot! YAY . . . congratulations on being a runner-up in St Lukes - it's a wonderful card.

    Today's Warren card is inspired. Love the portholes. I get seasick too . . . pass me the port and brandy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card there Di and funny it should be sea themed! Perhaps we are both dreaming of being beside the sea under a lovely blue sky! I am with Sandra with the port and brandy, though not in the same glass!
    Well done on the win Honey. I do like that card very much!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, another winning card, well done. We were at another British card show yesterday (Mad Dogs & Englishmen!) and came home with a third place this time, very happy to have won something too! Love that little Warren card, such a sweetie, fantastic backing papers, couldn't be more perfect could they?

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many congratulations Di on your winning card and its a beauty!! i do like your image from Warren Images and you have coloured it so lovely and the seagull is perched on the right spot to take in the catch as it appears....lol lovely backing papers too and sentiment:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The sea paper is perfect for that card! I get motion sick easy too. Elevators make me queasy. I love watching Deadliest Catch though but they have these great stabilizing cameras so you see the waves but not the motion. Congrats on winning the June challenge. I'm impressed at the double border you punched! If I chopped a border top and bottom I'd never have the right amount of middle space left!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on runner up in St Lukes challenge, it is a great card.

    When I saw the pea green boat I expected to see the owl and the pussy cat too.
    Great card today also, fun image and what a find in the paper, goes absolutely fabulously with the image.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats. That's a smashing card for St Lukes. Hsd to press me nose up real close afore I spied the seagull! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.