Saturday 21 July 2012

Love is in the air

That's what this card makes me think of at least, perhaps for a Wedding Anniversary:
As it's Saturday, it's a super fast card to give me time to make a snippets card and try to write the roll call. Most of the card is from a really cute Kanban kit, designed by Dawn Bibby and bought from QVC some while ago.

I used:

- 4.75" x 4.75" square white card stock

- blue backing card from the snippets folder, with corners rounded to match the 'topper'

- topper which was already die cut ready to assemble in the kit - I just added two tiny black gems to the birds' eyes

All done - and it's the weekend!

Hope you all have fun, I'm working on a birthday meal for a lovely friend's birthday and her family tomorrow, hey, ho, what do you cook for folk just home from a Cunard cruise?! OMG, OMG!!! It'll just be nice to hug her daughter Abi, my favourite young lady teenager, again.

So, whatever your plans - think of Mrs Beeton and I do hope that the sun does shine for us here in the UK.

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. Love the colours and you have gone 'round the bends' ever so neatly. Got to make an anniversary card this weekend too so of to raid the snippets box/folder/draw for something creamy. Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. Would that be Abi of Marcel fame and if so did he go too or wos he left at home alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cute little birdies certainly do sing 'love is in the air'. Have a lovely gastronomic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute! M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, two sweet lovebirds! Very cute card Di.

    Have fun being a Kitchen Goddess for your friends.

    Me? I'm off to a BBQ later! And a nice cold glass of organic pear cider! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous image Di and your right its could be for a wedding Anniversary of the happy couple to be married, its beautifully set in that lovely backing paper which sets the image of beautifully....have a lovely weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a stweet card!! Sorry I didn't make it to the playground this week. Give everyone my love!! I'll see you next week and hope you save a spot for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Egg and chips, or beans on toast, or fish and chips from the chippy, after all the rich food they will be looking forward to something simple.
    I digress, the card is really fabulous and like you say ideal for a Wedding Anniversay card.
    I am off to Filey tomorrow for a week, with no internet connection so if I don't comment I haven't fallen out with you. Chris will still be at home, doing work on Lynda's extention. So it is just Lynda and the boys and I that are going. So that will be yet another week that I will not be entering your Snippets challenge, really sorry.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card DI.. love those little birds.. gret colours & design... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.