Thursday 28 February 2013

One word Christmas card

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge is to use just one word on your card - it can be repeated if you wish:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- LOTV pre-coloured image

- patterned papers from a lovely selection that arrived from Kay last week - thank you again Kay!

- plain red card - SU's 'Real Red' to back the patterned papers, die cut a scalloped square to pop behind the main image and also to die cut a couple of Spellbinders corners

- JOY sentiment by Personal Impressions, from their 'Many Greetings' set, designed by Kirsty Wiseman. Stamped using SU's 'Real Red' and then punched using SU's 'Petite Curly Label' punch. This punch does have matching stamps, which are lovely, but it's also really useful for any little sentiment stamp you might have

- AND, I found my bag of burlap and played with the 'Tattered Poinsettia' die by Tim Holtz, then added little yellow pearlescent gems in the centre. I think Len thought I'd lost the plot when I was doing the die cutting, but it worked. Next to try is Timmy's 'Tattered Florals' die with some lovely soft pink burlap - mind you, it does leave a load of 'sheddings' to brush carefully off those Sizzix dies, and everywhere else it seems :(

- a final 'tickle' with 'Icicle' Stickles round the edge and some of the snow on the image

Oh, and I'm also entering this into Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Extra Challenge :) 

To those of you who commented yesterday about me missing WOYWW due to having other fish to fry - let's say the fish did get well and truly fried in some very hot fat, in my favour :))

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. One perfect word! Love the burlap poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Miss. Never thought of Joy. Like your burlap flower. Glad you got yer fishing done. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and love the real red from stampin up such a perfect christmas red. Those papers are exquisite too. Pleased your frying worked out well. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Christmas card and I love your precoloured image, too cute! Lovely papers, layout, and pointsettia!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di

    Loving the colours and the fabby burlap on this little beauty.

    You are going to be ready for Christmas by July at this rate!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - the poinsettia is fab.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your er...ehmm "problem" got fried!
    Love this card...Love the homey look of burlap on Christmas cards! I have a tip for cleaning off the shedding from the burlap dies.

    I use my lint roller brush. It has a type of sticky tape on it and it for delinting your suit jacket or whatever. I just roll it back and forth, ripping off the tape as it gets all clogged up with the lint. it does use up about 4 or 5 sticky sheets, but it is well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for joining CHNC extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER card Di. Love the burlap cuz it's different. And of course, I love the cute LOTV image.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it, we've both used sledding images! And your right (as usual!), armed with your info I've found another Eskimo card, not the same image as min but definitely the same little Eskimo guy, here: http://www.cardgrotto.com/2008/08/juggling-eskimo.html

    I'm off to change me post!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and loving that poinsettia. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. One word is definitely sufficient, Di - beautiful! I love that LOTV image - super card. Thanks for entering both CHNC challenges - new one starts on monthly challenge extra tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is beautiful Di, lovely poinsettia and these Lotv toppers are brilliant and make great cards and quick!! backing papers and dies are stunning another great make.....enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sooo jealous - I've. Been looking for that TH die and thought I had imagined it existed, so impossible is it to find!
    It's a gorgeous card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, the corners are fab, the centre piece is gorgeous from LOTV. All over lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty! I love the fab textured poinsettia, too!

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, btw! I appreciate them very much!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. oops nearly commented again on yesterdays card, love this LOTV image and the papers you have chosen to go with it, great layout and a great choice of the one word.
    Good news, glad you didn't get battered.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Agree with Bonnie...one word would be PERFECT! This is so pretty & your burlap poinsettia...fabulous. I wanna hear the story about the fish fry (if you can share!). Sounds intriguing. I do like this card...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Never thought if using burlap to die cut - great idea!

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the burlap poinsettia Di and your pretty corners! I think you must be frequenting the wrong chip shop...! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.