This is the second Get Well card I was asked to make recently. It's for a lovely friend called Pat, she's more of a flowers person than Marge - who I made the Froggy card for a week or more ago:
- 5" x 7" white card stock
- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Sun-kissed' sheet
- SU's 'Pumpkin Pie' card stock
- white card, embossed using SU's 'Square Lattice' Textured Impressions folder and swiped over with a SU 'Pumpkin Pie' ink spot. This is a fabulous folder, and looks great just left white but I wanted to play :)
- orange gingham backing paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Gorgeous Ginghams' paper pack
- sentiment from SU's 'Sincere Salutations' set, stamped with SU's 'Pumpkin Pie'. The sentiment was then punched using SU's 'Decorative Label' punch. I then punched a snippet of 'Pumpkin Pie' with the same punch, cut it in half vertically, trimmed a little bit from the centre portions and layered the sentiment on top so a little bit pokes out from either end. I think I got this idea of extending punched shapes from Elizabeth?
- white and orange bakers twine and a little flower shaped orange button from the button box
Friday again - I bet quite a few sighs of 'TGIF' are doing the rounds :)
A wonderful flower card to take ones mind off of the winter doldrums, love the little button and twine.ReplyDelete
gorgeous!! Love the orange colour way ... perfect for cheering up someone who is not too well!! Hugs JulsReplyDelete
Beautiful card Di, I love the image and colour combo. And such a brilliant idea to colour the embossing folder - thanks.ReplyDelete
Another gorgeous card Di and so lovely that you make such special cards for your friends.ReplyDelete
ps don't forget to snap a happy pic and join in the fun over at mine if you're able to this week.
a beautiful card, this will be loved, a good tip with the punch! lolReplyDelete
I love orange too! This is a really cheerful and pretty card that's sure to help your friend feel better.ReplyDelete
One big sigh of relief that it's Friday here, certainly!
Beautiful, zingy card Di. This would cheer up the recipient. Love how you have layered the sentiment. Lynn xReplyDelete
Love the sentiment and your lovely card.ReplyDelete
Tommorow I am going away for a week-so I can't be able to visit your blog.
Have a great weekend and week.
Hugs and blessings
lovely colour combo Di. Those stickeroos do make pretty cards. Kate xReplyDelete
Very pretty and uplifting card there Miss Di!ReplyDelete
Yep TGIF from me!
Gorgeous colors. You know, I think I have this as a stamp! Again, you do the bestest cards with those PB stickers. Like all the papers you combined with the sticker to make such a pretty card, and your friend will love it! (Just back at the playground, left a comment, but didn't see it pop up. Honest I did!) Hugs.ReplyDelete
Hi Di, Another stunning card and the image is gorgeous xxReplyDelete
I love the bright, zingy colours and the cheerfulness of it all, bound to make anyone feel better.ReplyDelete
Most certainly does all go together.ReplyDelete
Mega mega drain problems here again today.
The Doc is onto it. OCD meets the Council!!!!!
Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. might need to use yer loo later Miss.
My all time fav PB image and my all time PB sheet of stickeroos fav.ReplyDelete
Great card, love the orange and the bakers twine.