Abi is home again but it's not the end of it and, to be honest, I managed to cook dinner and then fell asleep from sheer exhaustion :( I will hop round in slow time I promise! Please send positive thoughts for a lovely teenager going through a tough time right now.
Today I've promised to take a friend out to Reading for some retail therapy and don't want to let her down. Even though I feel I could truthfully sleep for a week - but the trip will probably be good for me : (
Anyhow, I had to rustle up a Valentine's Day card super fast yesterday for Len while he was out
- 5" x 7" white card stock
- Penny Black stamp called 'Hearts away', another stamp I've had for ages and never used - shame on me, coloured with Pro Markers then die cut with a Nesties heart, layered onto a scalloped Nesties heart, die cut from black card
- black card from the snippets folder
- red card with white glittered hearts on, also from the snippets folder (I think it came from Hobbycraft ages ago)
- sentiment by Hero Arts, layered onto a SU punched scallop oval - using a little snippet of red Core'dinations card
- Josy Rose red heart nail heads
Phew, it was a rush in case he came home early - that'll teach me to leave things right to the end stop :(
And then yesterday evening after things had been tough, he even went and brought out the lovely bouquet he'd hidden for Valentine's Day to make me smile again - what a guy!!
I'm entering this card into the following challenge:
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - where the theme is 'Love and Marriage'
Happy Valentine's Day Len - my knight in shining armour!!