I think choices for this week's Less is More challenge which is 'Up In The Air' are probably quite limited. Just couldn't think 'outside the box' so I plumped for a hot air balloon:
- 4.75" x 4.75" square cream card stock
- a strip of the same card stock, mounted onto a snippet of brown card
- the background was just tickled a bit with Versafine 'Vintage Sepia' ink using my home made cloud template and Clarity Stamps 'small birds in flight' were stamped, also using 'Vintage Sepia'
- the balloon is from one of my favourite stamps bought in Santa Fe last year - it's called 'Balloons Framed' by Stampamania, Stamped in 'Vintage Sepia onto more cream card stock, cut out and popped onto the card using sticky pads
- the Elzybells sentiment was also stamped using 'Vintage Sepia'
Tickling clouds eh? Whatever will you get up to next!! Lovely card, not easy to come up with something different for this one, I agree.ReplyDelete
Never heard of that expression before but it obviously worked cos this card is fab. Hugs Mrs A.ReplyDelete
You make the CAS cards look easy and I know that they are not!ReplyDelete
Great job...it looks fab.
Fab card and I love your tickled clouds!ReplyDelete
That is so pretty Di.ReplyDelete
I want to fly-fly so high....but I cant-your card is gorgeous,ReplyDelete
Excellent card for the challenge. I love monochromatic cards and this is no exception. I love your tickled clouds and the birds near the balloon set the scene.ReplyDelete
Happy Monday . . . the sun is shining.
Very pretty Di! Not sure when you could get to tickle the clouds??? Hmmn! All sorts of naughty thoughts coming through my head after last week!ReplyDelete
I shall stop!
I like the way your balloon overlaps the cloudy strip and what a great curvy sentiment! Vicky xReplyDelete
I love the sepia tones on this card! Fantastic for a guy or a gal!ReplyDelete
Fabulous card Di, love the cloud scene and the little birds.ReplyDelete
Less is more is such a hard thing to create but you seem to have managed it beautifully. Love the card!ReplyDelete
Oh, Di, I love this so much!! It has a wonderful soft vintage feel and the tickling of clouds is genius!!ReplyDelete
Love your 'tickled' clouds, Di. I've been pondering the LIM challenge and come up with zilch so far - hoping for a light bulb moment! I like the way your sentiment adds movement to your design too. Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
Great layout and perfect for the challenge.ReplyDelete
di this is fab!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for joining us this week
"Less Is More"
This is simply terrific Di!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much
"Less is More"
Love the sepia effect. Gorgeous xxxReplyDelete
Lovely card Di, the clouds look fantastic and I love the wavy sentiment :)ReplyDelete
Hello Di, There is something ethereal about balloons and by using your soft sepia tones this is a big success!! Love it :0) Hugs Gay xReplyDelete