Tuesday 12 February 2013

Here's lookin' at you

At Sunday's meeting I was asked to make a couple of Get Well cards for lady Committee members. They are both lovely ladies and of course I set to straight away yesterday. The first one is for Marge, who has a wicked sense of humour. So I thought it had to be something amusing:
Marge and I often sit opposite to one another at meetings and many a time I have to look away - just a little rueful smile and a raised eyebrow from her sets me off with the giggles. Plus, her little ritual is to treat herself to a mini bottle of red wine at lunchtime to help during the afternoon when topics get turgid, sometimes I think a full bottle would be a better option :)

So, Penny Black froggies came to the rescue - and this is the Stickeroo I picked - and the sentiment inside will say 'Here's Looking At You' - I just know she'll cotton onto the meaning :))

I used:

- 5" x 7" white card stock

- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Pond-side Celebration' sheet, plain oval Nestie and a scalloped oval Nestie

- SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock plus a matching one from a SU patterned pack bought over a year ago

- 'Dragonfly' embossing folder made by Craft Conceptions

- sentiment from SU's 'Sincere Salutations' set, stamped in 'Certainly Celery' and die cut with SU's 'Decorative Label' punch

- a snippet of pink ribbon from Hobbycraft I think, I have the last 2" long piece in a little poly bag ready to be taken to search for some more

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. Oh Di this image is sooooo cute ..

    I love your colours too you have great taste..

    Oh, and meant to say too re your WOYWW post and SU spots??

    - I have bought some disconinued colours which dried up in spots or wore out and and have about five large SU ones this way and paper to match for some as you can get them very reasonably (or I can for US but should be plenty in Uk too ) - away just a thought,
    love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous embossed top, your card is so cute and cheery and love the dotted ribbon and paper together.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauuu love this card,
    love this small frog-is a princ?
    Hugs Tamara
    (We have here snow, snow, a lot of snow)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...This little guy is so sweet! What a great get well card...she will smile for sure.
    I LOVE that dragonfly embossing!

    PS I should know by the end of this month, a rough itinerary for when we will be South (as compared to North). Once that part is sorted, I should be able to narrow down a date to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Di. Love the stickeroo, he's lovely.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little frog, wine large or small always make the world look better lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cute lily frog and I'm sure your friend will too. Love the colours you've chosen and the perfect piece of embossing too!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a cute image Di .....your cards gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di

    Your card is brilliant, I think I'm going to have to stock up with stickaroos as I love this one.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Di, Love that image so cute... Love that background embossing of the dragonflies... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun card! I love the embossed dragonflies, and what a cutie the frog is!

    This will certainly cheer Marge up!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, forgot to leave a comment earlier. Love this little froggie. You always do something amazing with these PB stickers. Their new catalog has some really beautiful ones too. (Hubster loves the frogs ones too). Your papers, embossing & dragonfly embellie are so neat with this image, and your recipient will just love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ribbitt Ribbitt!
    Loveit Loveit!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love everything about this one Di - especially the froggy image. This certainly would make me feel loads better!!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute and such a wicked sense of humour you got Misses. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cheery card for someone who is not so well - the frog would put a smile on anyone's face :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Di and that frog is fab. Hugs, Amanda x. Ps I tried to get hold of some of those lovely little inkpads but alas it was it to be lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!!! I do have a thing for frogs!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.