This is my snippets card for today:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- lilac backing paper by Wild Rose Studios from the 'Gorgeous Ginghams' paper pack
- snippets of smaller patterned gingham paper, which I think would have originally been from the same pack
- a stamp called 'Flower Patch' made by Inca, paper pieced with more gingham snippets. The stamp is pre-loved and I bought it from Helena last week
- a new stamp set by LOTV, a clear one called 'Little Stitches' - brilliant if you don't want to sew or don't want to drag a sewing machine out. It comes with eight different stitches which are on clear cling strips, each just under 2.5" wide. Being clear it's easy to line up lengths of stitches and at the corners you just ink a few stitches and make sure you wipe off any excess before stamping. This card was made in a hurry and with more care and time I think this little set will become one of my favourites. Stamped using a Brilliance ink pad in 'Pearlescent Beige'
- Elzybells sentiment
- SU 'Decorative Label' punch
- snippet of lilac ribbon
Made Len laugh during the week - he kept sticking his head round the craft room door asking me questions and, as always, had an uncanny knack of picking the very moments when I was doing something critical. In the end I hung this on the door:
Right, onto this week's 'show picks'. Hmm, totally spoilt for choice as usual - everyone made such gorgeous cards and other things, so this is just a little selection:
Onto the winner of last week's draw now - which is the set of Echo Park 'Hello Summer' papers. I know a few of you didn't want to add to papers that you're already trying to cut down on - and this week it took me three goes to find one of you who was game to take on more paper to play with (and yes, Mary H, your name did pop out so you can do that happy dance even though you'd said no thanks!). The winner was:
Can you please drop me an email with your address Sandra and they will be on their way to you this week. It's especially nice as Sandra just celebrated her 40th Wedding Anniversary too.
This coming week's give away has already been in use on my snippets card today, well my own stamp set was used, there's a new one sealed one here up for grabs. LOTV sure do go minimal on their packaging!
Our Bernie has put an update on her blog girls - here. She's obviously finding the treatment tiring and there have been ups and downs so your prayers and positive thoughts are still much needed. But there's good news that the treatment is also having a positive effect on those 'nasties'. We're still flying underneath you here Bernie - holding you up and being the wind beneath your wings. xxx
Have a lovely week - we have snow flurries in the Playground as I'm typing this on Saturday - wonderful :(
Oh, and remember it's Rudolph Day from tomorrow until the end of February over at Sarn's. February only has 28 days this year so you'd best get cracking now!!