Friday 28 June 2013

With a cherry on top :)

I admired a delicious shoe stamp over at a friend's blog a while ago - and bless, she sent me some images to play with:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Stampendous 'A la mode' stamped shoe image, coloured with Whispers pens with a tickle of Glossy Accents on the cherries. Die cut with a plain Nesties circle and layered onto a scalloped Nesties circle

- pink card came from the snippets folder - man, that thing is fit to burst :( I had to 'gut' the main piece of card but infilled the scallop I die cut out of it with a piece of scalloped white card - what the eye doesn't see and all that jazz but it satisfied my concern there might be a ridge

- papers were sent to me ages ago by Dee, the striped one was punched along the bottom edge with MS 'Traditional Scallop' punch

- snippet of pink spotted ribbon

- sentiment is SU, from their 'A Word for You' set. Stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and then either end was die cut using  the brilliant smaller MFT Bracket Duo die and a snippet of pink was die cut using the larger size

- a few pink pearls added as a finishing touch

Edit: I got home very late yesterday  evening after  a really beautiful and quietly 'elegant funeral'. I think, no I just know, Pat would have been smiling to herself and would have approved. I can still smell the white lilies and roses from the huge spray on her coffin, quiet grieving from family and friends and yet joy at the wonderful things she brought to all of us in caring, friendship and total unselfishness.

Thank you all so much for your sweet messages, which I'll read in 'slow time'. It means so much - you really are 'The Wind Beneath my Wings'. 


Di
x

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lovely tribute to your friend huni, sending you hugs, take it easy and gently the next couple of days.
    Beautiful card, lovely colours and papers too. Sleep well Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah dear Di praying for you and all at this time, it is always so very hard..

    ..and yes friends are such a blessing and wow! what a fab card too love the cherry on top and pray your day has it, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs Di - may those cherished memories help you be strong Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very fitting and moving occasion Di, she clearly was a very special lady and touched many people throughout her life.

    Have a restful weekend after your emotional and busy week, that glass of vino will taste SO good l bet :)

    Big hugs xx

    PS. Love the card btw, ice cream is a big fav with me xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Di. Very summery and looking delicious - can you get some good weather to go with it please?

    Glad all went well yesterday.

    Sending hugs
    Sarn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could just eat an ice cream - despite the weather here! Fab card Di.
    Sending you a big {HUG}. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Di.....Gosh this is such a pretty card and l just love that image l can taste that cornet from here delicious!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card Di,
    I love sweet and ice cream
    njami
    have a great weekend
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Di, love the image and beautiful paper.

    So sorry to hear about your friend.

    I may have disappeared from your blog list. If you would still like to follow my blog, I'd appreciate it if you could follow via bloglovin.

    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your friend Di but glad to got to say goodbye in a fitting way.

    Love your super cute card too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Di. I had the same thought at my brother-in-law's funeral last week. It's comforting to know they would have approved I think. Hugs Dee xx
    p.s.Loving that card. Shoes and ice cream and pink, doesn't get any better!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fabulously, delicious shoe, Di! I'm so sorry for your loss. Her gifts to you will go on and on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Condolences and hugs to you for your loss. I'm glad the services were nice for everyone attending. It's never easy to lose someone.
    Your card is very pretty with that fancy edible shoe! I love all the pink pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Condolences and hugs to you for your loss. I'm glad the services were nice for everyone attending. It's never easy to lose someone.
    Your card is very pretty with that fancy edible shoe! I love all the pink pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card there Di.
    Glad the service went well.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that you got through the day. Must have been a good feeling though to know you were there to "sere her off".

    Your card is fabulous! What a great image that shoe is! Love your vard design and the papers...they go so well! and of course it had to have pink pearls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the pretty papers on this card, and the layout. Now this is a shoe image that I've never seen. Wow! All that goodness packed into a shoe. How kind of your friend to send you the images. You did it up proud! I'm glad that your sad time is a bit over for you, and that things went the way you thought would have been approved. I understand that. Been to one where I could just imagine my friend looking down, giving some directions. It made me sort of chuckle through my tears. We all said "V.would have enjoyed this! It was so HER". That makes the hurt ease just a tad, at least for a bit. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great image, Di, and you've showcased it in your usual stylish way!

    I hope you've had a good rest tonight as I write this and I'm glad that your long day is behind you and you're home safe. Funerals are always so hard, but it sounds like Pat's was softened by her silent approval. Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delicious card, Di, and the sort of yummy shoe to die for :) Hope you are having a restful weekend and giving yourself time for recovering from the sadness of the funeral. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.