Wednesday 26 June 2013

Totally inspired by Debby

I follow lots of blogs, and every single one shows some really lovely work. There's one blog in particular that I look at, admire the stunning makes and think 'I could never do that though, sigh' - and then wander off to 'do my own thing'.

The blog I'm referring to is 'A Scrapjourney' owned by the super-talented Debby. If you don't already know about Debby's beautiful cards, although I know that several of you do, then do hop over and have a peek. Her colouring is amazing, such beautiful designs and always perfect down to the very last detail. And she's also totally 'cracked' white on white cards, double sigh.

Recently though, Debby showed some cards that I thought perhaps I could try and this is my take on one of those cards:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card stock

- red card stock for matting

- backing papers from My Mind's Eye's 'Sunshine' pad

- snippets of red and green Core'dinations card from the snippets folder

- Memory Box 'Fresh Foliage' die

- Joy! 'Daisies' die for the red flowers, which were then folded in half and a green small circle folded round the base (punched with SU's 'Itty Bitty' round punch)

- 'vase/bowl' cut using SU's 'Holiday Ornaments' die and trimmed down

- sentiment by SU from the 'Sincere Salutations' set, stamped in black ink

Debby's cards always have a lovely 3D effect, and I just spotted that she has a tutorial on her blog showing just how she does it. The closest I got to 3D was to flick the top layers of the flowers up :)

I absolutely loved making this card, thank you for the inspiration Debby.

Di
x

24 comments:

  1. Well done Di love the card and yes about three months ago or maybe less found her blog..

    and guess what when I see aeach and everyone of her posts (after reading her story.. did you read the weight loss chapter) she blows my mind at what she accomplishes her Tutorial is fab!!

    ..thanks for sharing your beauty too Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll echo Shaz & say "Super Well Done!". Love your 3D flowers, and these colors are so bright & cheery. Love this! I'll be checking out the blog link, and tfs - both your pretty card & the link. Hugs. Hope you're rested up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card - and debby sure has some lovely cards - I'll have to add her to my faves when I get home.... hope you are having a great day... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely surprise and what amazing comments thank you so much. I love your card, you've done a better job with the flowers than I did.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous...Debby is so talented...I love to look at her work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Di. And yes I follow Debby too - love how she can put so much on a card and it looks fab - if I put loads on they look a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply gorgeous Di, i have tried debbie's 3d technique but my oh my was it hard. hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous card Di.
    Miss you joining in WOYWW each week. Hope everything is ok.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Di, love it. Just had a quick look at Debby's blog - it is gorgeous and I will definitely be going back for a longer wonder through.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I often pop over to see Debby's work . . . she is uber talented.

    Your card is just delightful and very pretty Di. Another use for the Itty Bitty punch too - thanks for the idea.

    Hugs
    Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are such a clever thing! I love the simplicity of this one.
    (Simple for you that is - mine would look like a five year old did it!) x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Di, I'm going to check out Debby's work now TFS :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Know what you mean about Debby!Awesome and sometimes it's sooooo irritating!!!! LOL
    This is a beautiful card Di....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Black, white and red..mmmm mmmm! Love these 3D flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a lovely card Di.pretty 3D flowers, and great colour scheme. I love the way we all take inspiration from one another's work. Debby certainly is a very talented lady.I shall be visiting her again. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Di, just catching up after my jollies - looked for you on WOYWW but couldn't find you so just had to pop over and see what you are up to. Lovely card - like the pretty paper and the flowers are very nice. Like you, I'm a follower of Debby's and also like you I think she does some amazing work. Many thanks for linking the Stickeroo cards whilst I was away ... I was really chuffed to find they'd been to the playground even if I couldn't :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    PS: I have a snippet/belated Rudolph Day/CHNC card to post ... just as soon as I can find a moment in my busy schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di, l know Debby's blog well and your creation here is absolutely stunning she is so inspiring as are you xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Di
    your card is stunning,
    I must visit Debby's blog
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh up, get you, stunning card, love it to bits. Very well done indeed.
    I have to admit that she is second to none with her cards, love them, especially her WOW. Think you and I should be groupies of hers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely idea and those flowers are fantastic Di.

    Thanks for the dies... Going to have a play with them today. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Di and I really like the colours you've chosen on yours. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've done a BRILLIANT job of CASEing Debby, Di!! I love how your vase looks like it is a negative cut out with the background paper showing through! You can tell that a lot of time and care went into making a card like this ... a masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a pretty card Di. Love it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a beauty. That folding the flower in half inside a half circle is genius. Gotta try that one out. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.