Saturday 8 June 2013

Three Wee Witches

Normally, at school reunions, there's a little ritual. Moira, Angie and myself are almost joined at the hip as we trot round - and one lovely chap from school days,  who is a true Scot with a delightful sense of humour, will always chant 'Here's The Three Wee Witches' whenever we appear. Of course it's normally in the bar area of whichever hotel we're staying in or perhaps a hostelry we chance upon whilst out looking for mischief! Ha, having parked our broomsticks nicely outside of course :)

This time Moira couldn't make the reunion, so Angie and I bought her a little something whilst we were there and this card was sent with it once I was home - it's arrived as I had a lovely phone call to say so earlier today:
I used:

- 5" x 7" approx card, made using SU 'Lucky Limeade' card stock

- Penny Black stamp called 'Apprentice', masked and stamped three times then coloured (quickly and badly) with Pro Markers and layered onto 'Lucky Limeade'

- white card embossed using Couture Creations 'Constellations' embossing folder

- computer produced sentiment, punched with SU's 'Decorative Label' punch then layered onto a 'Lucky Limeade' one which was split down the centre and trimmed so it tucked underneath

And the gift we sent to our missing Wee Witch? A newly produced CD containing digitised copies of all the many hundreds of photos in our centralised memorabilia photo albums (formal and, err, very informal), some video of previous reunions and a copy of the book that was compiled containing so many memories of ex-pupils and staff - all on the one CD.

Ha, two 'non-contributors' are ex-members of staff - who took their vows and are both nuns now! Says something that we drove both of them into (different) convents :(

Today's the day to write up the Playground and do the little prize draws - good luck if you joined in - hope you can hop by tomorrow and see who got lucky!

Have a lovely weekend!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. I like the stamp! I remember being like that at school - four of us and we were very naughty lol! Lovely memories - thank you Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card and most special because of the thought behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the witches! And a lovely present to send too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Di - you have brought a smile to me chops with this one! It is such a cheeky image and I love the simplicity of the layout - just right!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab card Di...you have a wicked sense of humour :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubble bubble, toil and trouble . . . leave those blinking newts alone Mrs! I saw you out by the duck pond!

    Great card - absolutely PERFICK for the occasion.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send this wiches to me, I hope that the magic work and I will need them.
    I have so many things to do-so Gorgeous card my dear friend-lovely weekend hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant and thoughtful card and gift to send to the wee witch who couldn't make the reunion Di! Oops, I forgot to say not to include me in the draw... Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant - and if it wasn't for the hair colour, I'd swear one of them looks like you :) That embossing folder seem totally appropriate - you're bound to see the stars when out on your broomstick :)) Shame your wee witch couldn't make it but I think that CD will go some way to compensate. Shame on you for driving members of staff to the nunnery ... I cannot begin to tell you the picture that conjured up but it involved 3 witches on broomsticks and 2 Whoopi Goldbergs!?!? Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Di! That is wonderful and made me laugh. You see I and two friends were known as the Three Witches of Crick, I am Llanwenarth Witch, and Emma who I still see was Crickhowell Witch!!
    As you know I have a broomstick and when Emma was getting married she was presented one too all decorated up and made to take it out on her Hen night!!
    Very funny. Need that stamp now!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very reminisant of the Witches of Eastwick, where was Jack Nicholson?
    Love the image and a fabulous card and so very glad that your friend loved it.
    My last Boss used to call me a Witch, mostly when I wouldn't let him put things that he shouldn't, through the petty cash. Thank goodness we are no longer burned at the stake.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wee witches card is very cute and your friend must have had a good giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you Di, I loved it moira

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.