Wednesday 19 June 2013

Ghost stamping technique

I stumbled across a technique which sent me scurrying for my white ink pad. Now, the term used was 'ghost stamping', although I do know that can also be applied to stamping using Versamark as a 'resist technique' before brayering colour over. So I'm not sure which is really correct, but this was the result, and can I please be allowed to say I was delighted with the outcome? :)

I used:

- 4.75" x 4.75" cream card stock

- snippets of SU's 'Soft Suede' card stock

- a snippet of SU's 'Baja Breeze' card stock, embossed using SU's 'Square Lattice' embossing folder

- the image (a flower and stem from SU's 'Everything Eleanor' set) was stamped using a StazOn Cotton White ink pad first and then the image was repeated, just slightly 'off' using a Dewdrop 'Teal Zeal' ink pad

- sentiment is also SU, from the 'A Word for You' set, stamped using SU's 'Melon Mambo'

- three baby blue pearls, which look almost white in the piccie I see, added to the bottom left corner to finish off

NB - There's news of Bernie in the post below!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. That is an effective technique...looks Like I've seen a ghost...well ghost image that is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Di,
    it looks fantastic
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right or wrong ... it looks fabulous with the teal

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di . . . great technique . . . and OF COURSE you are allowed to be delighted with it!

    It's very pretty.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers look fantastic, great technique Di :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Hope the ghost didn't mind tho. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's really pretty, you should definitely be delighted with that outcome, it's great. Now how did you do it!!???

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an effective technique. I love the colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  9. When Soft Suede came out, I hated it! It reminded me of a dirty diaper! It has grown on me through the years and now I find myself liking it a lot. (And I'm still dealing with diapers.) It's really pretty with the Baja embossing and the "ghost" flower is so pretty! Card off to Bernie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Di...will be having a go at this technique myself! Beautiful!
    Hugs
    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so effective; I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its gorgeous Di and so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Miss...This is loverly. Another new technique for me to remember & try!! Such a soft & gorgeous effect you achieved here. Just LOVED it! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card there Miss.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's stunning Di, lovely stamping, must try this technique - will google it! Have a lovely weekend Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous flower design and the effect is A1. Pretty sure I have just seen this technique described in a magazine and had it Earmarked to try out my self. Being thick like didn't realise you could buy a white ink pad. Der!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.