In fairness this is scheduled as am unsure if I'll get much chance to check the internet whilst away partying though. My snippets card for the week took flipping AGES to make - at a time when things were already very busy. It's for the outgoing Chairman/lady of our School Association from all 600+ members, I was asked to make it by the Committee and just didn't want to let them down:
I used.........masses of snippets:
- A5 white oval aperture card, from Hobbycraft
- the background in the aperture is self-adhesive film and really sparkly silver
- I printed the sentiment with our old school badge onto white card and die cut it using Nesties 'Floral Oval'
- the card was edged with Spellbinders die cut corners and straight strips - made from a snippet of blue and silver card
- the flowers took forever, I used a new die set by All Occasion dies called 'Petite Petals'. Each layer is made up of three segments of petals to make a full circle which means that a lot of flowers have nine pieces to them - sigh, not such a good idea for speed
- the blue and silver snippet was also used to punch leaves using Martha Stewart's 'Leaf Frond' punch
- a liberal scattering of pearl and sparkly gems, on and between some of the flowers
The very best part of the marathon was right at the end when I gently lifted up the smaller layers of petals on each flower and suddenly the card seemed to come to life.
Of course it then needed a box to protect it:
By the way, blues, white and silver were the predominant colours in our school uniform - just in case you were wondering.
This post is scheduled of course so there's no 'show and tell' for now and the prizes haven't been drawn - I'll do that when I get back home.
But the prize for this coming week is:
Victoria (one of our playmates) offered a lovely giveaway for the first person to order - part of which was this stamp set which I already have and love. Needless to say I hopped straight in (IN my PJs!), ordered and won us a prize for the Playground, yay! Thank you Victoria - you get extra goes on the swings for that.
If any of you are wondering about buying from SU, my advice is to go ahead - the online ordering is easy (almost too easy, sigh) and if you follow this link it will take you to Victoria's blog post - from whence you can go online to order. She'll blush, but I find her really helpful and of course if you have any issues or queries then she would still be your demonstrator to go to.
1. The Playground will run as normal this week with the gates closing at noon UK time on Saturday 8th June.
2. I hope to do last week's draw(s) on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week at the latest.
Maximum of three entries as always and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this weeks main prize, the SU 'Sprinkled Expressions' stamp set. Of course you can enter for both :)