The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is to use your favourite embellishment or even embellishments, and it's also for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for June where it's 'anything goes'. I adore pearls and gems, and of course ribbon and bows so came up with this card:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- more of the same white card for the image and extra layer
- Woodware stamp called 'JGCL535 Bubble Wreath' - a lovely set which also has some smaller 'baubles' in as well . Stamped the wreath in Memento 'Grey Flannel', dug out my (ahem) large box with packets of gems and pearls in and picked out clear, pinks and white then sat for ages totally filling the 'bubbles'. You can just colour some, use stickles, card candi, buttons - or totally go for broke as I did :) Towards the end of the process it got tricky fitting in some of the gems and the bubble outlines were likely to show so I just went over them with a white gel pen before adding the last gems and pearls. 'Glutton for punishment' I think it's called :)
- the pink backing card is from the snippets folder, by SU, and one extra piece was embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Forest Branches' folder before adding it to one side
- sentiment is also a Woodware one, from their 'Christmas Bubble Tree' set - I use this sentiment loads and this time stamped it using a Versamagic Chalk ink pad in 'Pink Petunia' with a teeny little pearl above the letter i
- very narrow pink ribbon with a little bow (made using a fork as I've shown previously - see here if you don't already know this little tip, it's a life-saver - and perhaps only for those with OCD, grin)
I'd also like to enter this card into a 'new for me' challenge called Cuttlebug Mania, where the theme this week is 'Christmas in June'. It seems like a fun and friendly place to go and play. I've followed them since they began in March but this is my first entry/dip of toe into the water. Sigh, and of course I haven't much embossing or die-cutting on this card at all - just the piece of pink card so maybe that's a bit cheeky.
It seems to be my week for being cheeky!