Friday 14 June 2013

With many thanks to another Diane

.............. I had a first play with a new die :) A while ago I offered my Tim Holtz 'Bird Cage' die to a good home and Diane of 'Keep Forever Cards' won it. And blow me down, didn't she then offer me the gift of a, new to me, duplicate TH die of hers that I had on my wish list! How kind and I've been itching to use it ever since it arrived:
I used:

- A6 white card stock, with about quarter of an inch trimmed off the bottom so the embossed panel would fit properly

- embossing folder is TH's 'Texture Fades - Bricks', embossed onto more of the same white card stock to get the right shade match. I absolutely LOVE this folder and was influenced/driven/forced to buy it after seeing some beautiful cards using it over on your blogs

- TH 'Holiday Lamppost' die courtesy of Diane's generosity. Lamp post is SU 'Basic Gray', the holly is a snippet of shiny green card and the gold inside the lamp is self-adhesive champagne/gold sparkly film. It took me a bit of thinking how to do this, doh, then I realised I just needed to die cut the film (top of the lamp only) and use the pieces that would normally be discarded - sometimes things are so obvious that I totally miss them!

- red pearls (Hobbycraft) - the die does come with berries as well but I was innocently hell bent on making a card that would cost me the price of a large letter stamp come Christmas :(

- no sentiment, for a change

This card is for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge where this week's theme is to 'use a die cut and/or punch'. And it's also for Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for June - where it's always 'anything goes'.

I have to say that Hazel's weekly challenge is one I always try to enter, Hazel's themes are always fairly flexible and it builds up the stock of Christmas cards too :) Of course Sarn's Rudolph Day is a great help too.

And, while I had everything out I made an extra two cards the same. Just had a quick count up here - and there are 42 Christmas cards in the box, am almost (but not quite) on target. I can see a bit of making more than one of each design going on from now on.

Remember, the Playground is now open until Sunday noon this week as I'm out 'playing Maid Marion to Robin Hood' all day at the local Village Carnival! It re-opens on midnight Sunday (UK time) so it's only a 24 hour shift in time. I had to delete yesterday's post saying about the change in time as it's mucked up Blogger here :(

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Di, love the background and the lamp post is good - would never have normally looked at a die like that but I'm intrigued now lol. Have a good day Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful die, Di! (grin) This pretty lamp post is perfect against the brick. That's a folder on my must have list that grows ever longer daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That die is fabulous against this brick wall folder...Isn't it amazing how we can plan our wish lists and shopping lists from a flick of the internet! How did our Mum's survive!!!

    Your card is wonderful and 42 is an impressive number...I too need to start making multiples of each...what a good idea!

    Thank goodness you are busy playing at the festival...we are coming home early as bad weather blew in tonight! I just might manage to get something posted in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you the lucky girl, then! This was a fab gift to receive, and you've utilized it beautifully. The brick emboss behind your street light added such reality to the card. Good for you at 42! TFS a lovely card. Have fun in Sherwood. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are pleased with the die, Di...I was very happy to send it to a good home. It is one of those dies that likes to be the main element I think, it looks it's best when the rest of the card is simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an effective card and generous blogging buddy too. Wow 42 cards certainly beats my none lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Di, love the die cut.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely gift, Di - and what a fab card you've made - that's certainly a die to put on the wish list - thanks for sharing for both of my CHNC challenges - glad you enjoy them. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card there Miss. I too love that lightpost die and as you know I use it alot, not just for C though you may note!!
    Love the brick wall behind it too.
    Sorry I ain't been around the playground much this week, but feeling a little bit poorly and down!
    Hey ho! I shall come for a paddle in the pond tomorrow to see how the terrapins have settled in.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Di, l really like this the lamp post is really effective with the holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now with the colour you have used for the lamp post it looks to me like it is a shadow, as if it is reflected off the white wall, looks really great. Like the idea.
    I really like the wall but I dare not say what sort of a wall it reminds me of, lol sorry couldn't resist saying that, obvious TH has never had an outside toilet.
    It's all said in the best possible taste.
    Enjoy the carnival, can't stop singing 'come away. come away with William Tell.
    Now it's come away come away with Di and Len.

    Ok best go.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh Kath - you are absolutely right! In Geordie terms it's like an 'ootseed nettie' :)

    And if Len so much as shows the hint of an apple tomorrow - I'm OFF and running!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there Di, I love this card, fab die, clean and simple but lots of texture in the brick background!
    Thank you so much for identifying that flower for me, I have to admit it had me fooled, clever girl!!! Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Terrific die cute Christmas card Maid Marion xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.