Friday 23 November 2012

Gingerbread anyone?

Sam sent me some cute little gingerbread people a little while ago - whilst thinking about this card I couldn't find them and thought they'd run away! Too late I found the packet under my glass mat - it had quietly hidden itself away :) But, in their absence I used some little embellishments brought home from New Mexico in September - I didn't declare that I had six little people in my suitcase though - so I made three cards all the same:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card stock

- backing paper from the 'Cosy Christmas' freebie with Quick Cards Made Easy - some time ago I think

- die cut heart in cream card, matted onto a scalloped heart die cut from a snippet of dusky pink card

- sentiment stamped in 'Vintage Sepia' using the LOTV sentiments set called 'Christmas Grungy Messages'. I love these stamps with their slightly smudged vintage feel and they'll be sitting on my desk as a reminder to use them while I make the last of the Christmas cards here

- the adorable little gingerbread man and lady - and I used Sam's great tip to add faux stitching and the little heart (I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen rather than the Sharpie pen that Sam used 'cos that's the best I had, testing it first on the back, and it worked great and dried permanently). Out came the glue gun to stick them on firmly - no chance of these little folk doing a bunk :)

- double sided  dusky pink and brown ribbon from the ribbon box

I counted up today and have enough Christmas cards made and the inserts are almost all added too - yay!! Mind you, they have to be written yet although I do cheat and keep a 'Christmas address labels file' bang up to date which speeds things up immensely. 

I'm also entering this into the current Winter Wonderland challenge, which is 'Food Glorious Food' not that I ever feel up to eating gingerbread people, where do you begin - the head, an arm, a leg? :(

Friday already, today I should be missing in action - out playing with Julia and Jan, with a trip to ShopKeeper Gal's new shop thrown in for luck. Bound to be a good laugh so I'm hopping up and down like a demented happy bunny!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. How cute. Di I love the colours and the cookie mens are lovely too.
    Tamara:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little gingerbread people are so cute Di. Have a great day today....why don't you all pop up to our craft sale tomorrow too? :-) [if only you were a little less than 4 hours away eh? ]
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cute gingerbread card, they look so cute with the heart
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cute little gingerbread men Di, fab card. Hope you have a great day out.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Di, you could enter this into the winter wonderland challenge blog, as its 'Food' this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card Di, love the cute gingerbread men and love the matching papers.
    Hope you have a great day tomorrow, you little gad about but I am going to a Christmas Party, more later on my Rudolf day post, hopefully.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not been chucked off the net yet so making the most of it. More winds are on their way so The Doc tells me. This is a cutie card. Love the pink and that is a catch 22 question. A bit like which part of a jelly baby goes first!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Di, great card - love those little gingerbread people and I like the job you've done with faux stitching.

    Hope you had a great day with the girls - so wish I could be there too. I dare say you will return worn out, with an empty purse, but happier for all that :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. When it comes to eating gingerbread people you bite off their heads so it is quick and painless. And so they can't give you disapproving looks for eating them. I know they often smuggle people INTO New Mexico but leave it to you to smuggle them out of there!! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gorgeous gingerbread and your card Di is stunning too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card there Miss. Glad you found my tip useful!
    As for which bit of a Gingerbread Person (gotta be PC here you know) I am with Fergie.....toes nibbled first every time!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all things gingerbread and have a little pack of these buttons stashed away. Wish i was as organised as you still have about 50 cards to make lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute gingerbread people card! Love it.

    Hope you had a great day.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like it when I find a freebie backing paper to go with my main image Di - it always seems to be a bargain!

    These little gingerbread peeps are great.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the cutest gingerbread people!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a 'sweet' card. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.