Sunday 4 November 2012

Pixies Crafty Snippets - Week 45

My snippets card for the week - the LOTV stamp I used for this card is such a cutie, sent to me as a surprise by Debbie quite a while ago - yet another example of how very kind crafters are:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- LOTV 'Patchwork Present' coloured using Pro Markers - the stamped image has been sitting patiently on my desk for quite a while. I stamped it and then inspiration did a runner!

- turquoise backing card from the snippets folder

- gingham paper from the snippets folder

- Craftwork Cards sentiment - I wondered when I'd get to use the turquoise ones :)

- a little snippet of spotty ribbon from the ribbon box, bow made using the bow maker with a turquoise brad through the centre

- Josy Rose nail heads

As I sort of predicted, there's no roll call this week. Am off on another 'teacher's training' course and currently chasing my tail here. But, then next week I should have free time just sitting in the sunshine with a glass or few of wine in between lectures, so with luck will manage a roll call. I do know that loads of you already visit one another and, if you haven't already done so, it's worth looking at last weeks Mr Linky - there were some fabulous makes and lots of great ideas. If you miss my banter then I'm flattered - but how about nipping over to do the ironing, packing, help out at this evening's (last night's in fact) local fireworks display, and also (losing this one though) trying to leave the house as tidy as possible? Ha, anyone silly enough to break in would just turn right round and leave in horror thinking we'd already been 'turned over' :(

If you wanna join in the Playground and keep using up those snippets - the Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 10th November at noon, UK time. Mr Linky is below as usual. 

Di
x 

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)

26 comments:

  1. Hi Di, don't know if you are interested but Michelle (card grotto) is selling lots of elzybells on eBay. She used to be n the DT so lots I haven't seen before. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Di, love the image and gingham papers. Don't work too hard on your course LoL.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Di. Hope your week goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Di! What a sweetie. I know what you mean about tail chasing. Doing a fair bit of that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really, really cute and a big AWWWWW from me! This card gets my vote!

    Have a good time between, er, LECTURES, won't you!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic creation Di, lovely image and design.

    Enjoy teacher training, see you when you get back.

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di. The image is fab - great gift from Debbie - and I love that ribbon. Do tell more about this 'teacher training' course, Miss. I'm eaten up with curiosity - what are you going to be teaching? is it craft related? where are you going to be sitting in the sunshin with a glass or few of vino? Help put me out of my misery :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card Di - hope you learn loads on your 'course'!!! lol. Love those colours together, by the way - brilliant use of the 'snippets'.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di

    Lovely snippet make!!!

    I hope the teacher training goes well .. .. bet you are really buying Christmas decorations for lighting up the playground!!! Oooooo... I do hope so!!!

    Have fun.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Di,

    A gorgeous snippets make, my favourite colour combo, and such a cute image. Hope the 'teacher training' goes well. Emjoy, Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Di - such a cute image! Hope you have a good week.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card again Di for the snippet challenge great inspiration too and l like that image and the layout its gorgeous have a lovely week xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a super card there Di.
    Err....can I ask you something....how do you get time to do your crafting with all that travelling?
    Hee Hee! Have a great and warm time!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another cracker, fab image and great layout, have a great time, where ever you are going.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Di, love the colours of the papers & cute image...Enjoy the training!! I would love to take you up on the chutney swap... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi There!
    I am soooo new to this that I don't know if I'm doing this linking properly. I entered my very first challenge recently with some gift tags that I had made out of my scraps. Even if I don't qualify for the challenge for any reason I thought you might be interested to see what I've done with mine. My new friend Mary from Carolina Cards suggested that I enter my scraps gift cards. Thanks!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! I'm keen this week aren't I? LOL! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cutie in blue.
    Now dun u worry bout nuffin. We will take great care of the playground.
    Right girls. Miss is safely outta the way and I only had to promise not to make a bonfire under the tree house!! The rockets are safely stored over by the bike sheds. Sparlers/catherine wheels in the chook house and the can of petrol in the duck pad.
    Yep everything is sorted. We are gonna have such fun!!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miss Di. I just want you to know that I think your card is bangers cute!! After work this week, I'm going to be helping Mrs. A take care of everything around the playground, so really no worries.

    I would also stop over at your place and do your ironing, but it sounds like you are taking your wine with you, so no thank you. Remember how you taught me? Iron here and here, set up the iron, take a sip, move the item, iron here and here ...

    I hope to be back later with a snipper card. Take care and have a time of it!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Miss. I have brought a lickle quilt for the lickle Treehouse Pixies to cuddle under as it has now turned sooo cold. Hope you don't mind! But the Pixies will be cold whilst you are away sunning yourself!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope I am not disturbing one of your oh so important lectures Miss, but it is manic round here without you!
    Enjoy yourself out there sunning yourself whilst we shiver over here in Blighty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super duper cute card here. Love this little Ted. Perfect layout for him too. Am amazed at all you manage, and still host this challenge with all the work it entails. My philosophy was: give up the ironing, scale back on the housework, and I STILL don't manage to get such gems as you post, and so frequently. My hat's off to you! Thanks for doing all the work that allows us to have fun at the Playground, and enjoy such talented art. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute card Di - I'm not sure if I'd look so appealing if I'd been sat in a box waiting for someone to take the lid off! Hope your shoulders are well down by now - don't worry about a thing! The bonfire only burnt a bit of the fence down and the sheep that wandered in seem to like the slide although they don't seem to have got the hang of the roundabout... Have a safe trip home! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute little fella. I too really like the patterned box. Very cute! I hope you had a great week at teacher training....See you on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! D'oh! You can tell it's Saturday morning and I'm tired. I've just linked again and it says GDT after my name because I entered that for another challenge and it came up automatically again and I didn't notice until I'd clicked the button! I think I need to chill out and have a turn on the swings! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.