I bought a lovely Marianne Design Christmas Creatables die set last year called 'Star and Bauble'. I cut a few out, glittered them, popped them in a little box - and promptly forgot all about them until last week:
- 7" x 5" white card stock, slightly trimmed so that the matting would have the same sized border all around
- a Crafts-Too embossing folder called 'Poinsettia Frame'
- a snippet of smooth yet really sparkly gold self adhesive film, stuck onto card before being trimmed for the oblong backing - didn't trust myself to cut it and stick it straight onto the card stock :)
- the gold sparkled bauble then came out of the box and I pondered how it could be properly fixed to the card front as it's all like fine wire. Aha, out came the double sided Woodware sticky film (Handy Hippo stock it in the UK) and I backed the bauble with it and trimmed round before sprinkling gold Glamour Dust over. The effect is lovely - almost like gold gauze - and then I just peeled the backing off and hey presto, a secure fix!
- a little gold bow was then made using a fork as a 'bow maker'. Here's the link to show how it's done
- sentiment from Craftwork Cards
- a few little gold gems here and there in the centres of the poinsettias - which are super but the embossing doesn't show up too well :(
Sooo funny though, ever since last Christmas I've thought one of our 'everyday' forks was missing - snigger, when making the little gold bow, I realised that said fork had found it's way into the craft room in September 2011 and never been returned - slap my wrists :)
The idea to back the bauble came from another blog I love to visit, I think someone was given some die cuts and then backed them with mirri card which is also a lovely effect. Sorry, I've searched and can't recall where I saw the idea but 'thank you' as that triggered my 'bauble tweaking'.........am I allowed to say that?!
There are a couple of challenges I'd like to enter this for:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - 'use something more than six months old' - that bauble qualifies for sure
Winter Wonderland - 'oh baubles'
That's my offering for today - and yes, I did get glitter all over the place, messy pup!
Stunning...so glittery and sparkly! Perfect for Christmas.ReplyDelete
You give new meaning to the word 'stunning,' Di. The incredible golden ball would have been loveliness itself, but adding the bling and glittery frame puts it in outer space along with the stars!!ReplyDelete
This in itself was worth coming back to blogger for :) Beautiful - golds and poinsettia... my perfect christmas duo :)ReplyDelete
Stunning, Love your sparkle bauble.ReplyDelete
love the design and great baubles for our challenge at the Winter WonderlandReplyDelete
Hugs Kate xx
Love this idea, the bauble looks so sparkly too. You do have me wondering what crafty idea/invention needed a fork though. Hugs, Amanda xReplyDelete
Stunning, yet elegant card - love all the bling and how neat to make a bow like that - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 99 - hope to see you again soon. xReplyDelete
Very glitzy! xxxReplyDelete
what a super bauble card, love it glittery-ness!lolReplyDelete
Very schparkly Miss if I may say so!ReplyDelete
This is so elegant, Di! I love that gold ornament (bauble).ReplyDelete
What an elegant card. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love LindaReplyDelete
Di, Your card is lovely and Elegant that bauble looks stunning xReplyDelete
Beautiful! Your bauble would look perfect on my tree!ReplyDelete
Love your snippet card below too.
Thank you for your lovely message.
Beautiful card, love all the glitter, well it isn't Christmas to me without glitter, great die and I see many people using Glamour Dust but I have never seen any, I really don't know where they get it from, I have looked in loads of places.ReplyDelete
I would do a mild cuss here and say "well b....r me!" I would never have thought of using a fork to make those tiny bows. I have been sitting for hours twiddling with these small bows and almost (only almost) lost my temper. This is brilliant Di and I salute you!!!!! YAY! Apart from that I just love the card, gorgeous white and gold.ReplyDelete
Big hugs Sue Pxxx
A lovely card Di. I like a bit of bling at Christmas.ReplyDelete