Thursday 22 November 2012

Twinkled star Christmas card

It's another one using the Marianne Design Christmas Creatables die set I bought last year called 'Star and Bauble' and this, already die cut and glittered star, was also in the little box I'd forgotten about:
I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock, slightly trimmed so that the matting would have the same sized border all around

- a Crafts-Too embossing folder called 'Scrollwork Frame'

- a snippet of red mirri card as backing

- the silver sparkled star was given the double sided Woodware sticky film treatment (Handy Hippo stock it in the UK), backed then trimmed round before sprinkling Crystal Glamour Dust over. Again, as with the gold bauble the other day, the effect is lovely - almost like sparkly gauze - and then I just peeled the backing off to fix it to the embossed background

- a little red organza bow

- a very old sentiment by Kan Ban

- a few little crystal gems here and there 

Things are busier than ever here, it's time for the old school newsletter (600+) to be printed, enveloped, labelled, stamped and sent out. I'm hoping we manage to find another volunteer to take it over - after five years of doing the soul-destroying mahoosive job every four months or so, I'm ready for someone else to take a turn - but it's unlikely we'll find anyone daft enough...........sigh :( 

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. This star card is gorgeous...I think that technique sounds wonderfull. I am going to try it on a Memory Box die I have that is sort of snowflake filligree...hopefully it works.
    You will see it in the snippet display as I cut the filligree a few months ago when I attacked my scrap files...All that rolling thru the big shot reducing down to dies cuts and then punching out the little leftovers into punched shapes and I still have a filing cabinet drawer full of scraps...oh
    my! I just seem to damage them when I shove the new scraps into the files so this is what I'm doing with new small scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clean and so elegant. Love this card Di.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cardDi but really don't fancy the job you've got to do next. Think you've don't it for long enough.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous embellishments I can't believe you tucked them in a box lol. this card is very sophisticated. Have fun with the envelope stuffing. hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo . . . another lovely and glitzy card. GORGEOUS.

    Is your friend going to help you with the newsletters like last time, or did you scare her off?

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those die-cuts really do make prety cards. i bought the other set - bauble and bell, and to my shame I don't think I ever used them! perhaps I had better get them out for any last minute cards I need.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Miss! I would get some other colour popping up if I tried to do a white card! I am such an inkey mucky pup!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Di, lovely embossing and I love the star.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely Di the embossing is gorgeous and the star looks amazing another fabulous card with the added gems is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so many gorgeous C cards - Will be panicking if I don't get going on mine soon. xJo

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fabulous card Di, love the star, the embossing folder and the touch of red. For someone who was very wary of LIM, you are, making some stunners.
    Just tell 'em, you are retiring and if no-one wants to take it over then, tough, no more news letters. You have done your stint. no pussyfooting around, get down and get with it, pretend you are talking to Len or let Len do the talking (oh no, he'll probably take it back on)kidding.
    Made my piccalli tonight, bit dubious but Hubby says it smells nice, but tastes a bit bitter to me, will have to see.

    Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - love the embossing and the star is simply beautiful.

    As for the school newsletter, just say 'no' and see what happens ... I'm betting they will find someone who has just been dying to take a turn.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, don't you like it when you've tired of a job and no one else wants it so you're stuck with it?! The other version is people complain how you do it but no one wants to take over. Wheee...! Enough of that though, how about all those embossed swirls and that fabulous sparkly star! They rock! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there Di - I'm catching up with my blogging today and this card is just gorgeous. I love the star die and neeeeeeed it.

    I think the little bit of colour is just right.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this glittery star, the embossing and just a hint of red! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.