here. Huge fun to make and the instructions are really easy to follow.
- SU blue card stock cut to A6 size and also a backing paper by SU
- red backing card behind the image from snippets folder
- main image stamped using LOTV's 'Land Ahoy' stamp and coloured with Pro Markers
- sentiment is also LOTV - stamped using SU's 'Marina Mist'
- inset made using Sarn's instructions (brilliant!) and Hero Arts stamp set called 'Good Friends' using 'Marina Mist' for the sentiment and 'Baja Breeze' as well as 'Marina Blue' for the flourishes - using Inkadinkadoo's 'Gemstone Flourishes' set
- a 'flag' made from a snippet of blue card cut using a Spellbinders die from their 'Pennants' set
- number 4 die cut using the numbers die by by 'Britannia Dies'
- 'JOSH' spelt out using peel offs
- Josy Rose nail heads on the sentiment - mostly to hide the flower design :)
I hope that's one happy little boy today :
Fabulous card for a little boy...they are so scientific at 4...he will just so love to open and "explode" it and show everyone that comes over!!!Great card!ReplyDelete
Great card for a little or big boy! Sarn shared a great card.ReplyDelete
Fab card for a little pirate, love the exploding bit too. hugs, amanda xReplyDelete
Fab card Di. I've just posted pics of Phoebe's 4th birthday heheheReplyDelete
Oh what a brilliant boys card Di.ReplyDelete
A great card for a little boy Di.The exploding cards are so easy with Sarah's tutorial aren't they, and very effective too. I like the flourish stamp you have used inside.ReplyDelete
what a great exploding card, one little boy will love this lolReplyDelete
Woot Woot! This is FANTASTIC Di . . . so pleased you made him an exploding card . . . and I'm glad my little tutorial helped. Loving the pirate LOTV stamp and the cute Elzybells postage stamp on the envelope xxxReplyDelete
Happy birthday to birthday boy, your card is great.ReplyDelete
Fabulous card Di, I'm sure Josh will love it. Love this image and your fab layout.ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh! A-Dorable! Seriously! Cute!ReplyDelete
That's such a perfect card, who would have thought of an exploding card for a Guy Fawkes birthday!! Love the colours too.ReplyDelete
This is such a perfect image for a little boy! Love these exploding cards. Sarn says they're easy, but it doesn't look it.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card! I bet Josh loves it!ReplyDelete
Fabulous card for a lovely little boy Di he will love it! xReplyDelete
Fab card - thanks for the link to the exploding card, must try one!ReplyDelete
What a perfect card!!! I'm sure Josh just loved it.
The Craft Fair was interesting - did o.k. but not great. Forgot my camera but did take photos with my phone - just need to figure out how to email them to myself!!!
(hi to Len)
Fabulous boys card Di, bet he loved it, great colouring and love the dotty blue papers.ReplyDelete
Lovely card there Miss! Our first Dog Sputnik was born on 5 November and she was a Fire Cracker too! (We don't know when exactly when she was born but when the Vet told us how many weeks old she was it was near enough!)ReplyDelete