Sunday 26 May 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 74

And another week flew by in the Playground! If you're coming to play then do please read the bit at the end of this post about a slight change to the Playground over the next couple of weeks. It's good stuff though so don't worry :)

My snippets card for this week is also for Rudolph Day over at Sarn's - hope you join in, there are some really lovely little stamps to be won, perfect for gift tags I think!

So here's my offering:
And a close-up of the tree:
The inspiration for this card came from 'Technique Time Tuesday', although I had spotted the 3-D idea elsewhere and was just waiting for some good tips and hints. That's what I love about TTT, they all share their little bits of info. which is such a help. Thank you to Karen P - that's how I found TTT :) This is where you'll find the little tutorial I followed - having had a little browse I see there are loads of ideas for using your snippets on TTT and the current one is making dahlia blooms from snippets.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square Kraft card stock - mostly 'cos the papers I was using have a 'homey' feel about them

- plain green backing card from the snippets folder (it's SU's 'Garden Green')

- snippets of patterned paper were all originally from a huge, slightly shorter than A4 pack, I bought in New Mexico by The Paper Studio called 'Cozy Little Christmas'

- Nestabilities die from the 'Scalloped Pennants' set for the tree I used five pennants, and SU's 'Pennant' punch for the tub, just trimmed to the height I wanted

- sentiment and oval is SU from the 'Joyous Celebrations' set. The border was inked using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Thyme' and the sentiment itself using SU 'Real Red'. Then it was punched using SU's 'Extra-large Oval'

- Josy Rose gold star nail head on top of the tree and three round green ones in top right corner

Making the tree was great fun, I made a further two at the same time for future use - and it does fold down flat for posting, although I reckon it's a UK Large Letter thickness for sure. The baubles made by other crafters are fabulous too and one to try - oh, and a hot air balloon, oh and..............the list goes on.

So, what's been going on in the Playground this week? Let's have a quick look:

 
Maureen (Maudieroff) didn't waste a moment playing with the 'Arboscello Tree' die she won recently - even using the pink tissue it was wrapped it. I can only imagine the patience needed to make this lovely card!
This is what I meant earlier about the fabulous dahlia folding going on over at Technique Time Tuesday - made and brought to the Playground by Karen P. One to try for sure :)
Hazel made this beautiful snippets card for her Wedding Anniversary yesterday. Hope you had a lovely day Hazel!
And Elizabeth brought this fabulous card to show - what a lovely sentiment and so many gorgeous snippets too.

We have a new playmate this week, Rachel T, welcome and hope you come back to play. I suspect so as looking through Rachel's blog I spotted that she isn't averse to getting on the floor and playing 'Michael row the boat ashore' - in evening attire! Looks like she's gonna fit in fine.

And now for the prize draw of the LOTV stamps, dies and embossed cards:
Well done Carol, just shows that 13 can be lucky. Can you please drop me an email to di_wray@hotmail.com with your snail mail address and I'll pop them in the post ASAP.

The prize for this coming week is another lovely one donated by Viv:
I was going to keep it in the Playground toy box until nearer to Christmas time. But, my card today is for Christmas and I suspect this beautiful stamp set is one that folk might want to get to grips with well before then. Ha, I also suspect that a few people might be sighing over it :)  Thank you Viv!

Now, here's the slight change of plans over the coming two weeks, 'cos, as most of you know, I'm away for my old school Reunion from Friday 31st May until Monday 3rd June:

1. The Playground will run as normal this week with the gates closing at noon UK time on Saturday. I can schedule all that plus hope to at least look in and check all is OK in between G & T's whilst away over the weekend.

2. The gates will re-open as usual on Sunday just as the clocks turns midnight from Saturday.

3. It'll be a new week, a new Mr Linky and another prize. But, there may or may not be a snippets card from me (I expect there will be!) but there won't be a show and tell and no results of the draw for the Christmas Rose stamp set 'cos Mr Linky will still be running when I go away. With luck I'll do the draw on  Tuesday when I surface - possibly with a show and tell depending on just how shattered I am! No promises about that though.

4. As I said, there will be a new Mr Linky from next Sunday 2nd June so just come and play as usual and the following weekend we'll be back to normal.

5. Still with me? Good 'cos here's the next part. This coming week, if you enter three snippets makes there is an extra prize to try for - and it'll be the same the following week - to make up for the disruption. Just say in a comment when you link a third make during this coming week that you're trying for the 'Droplets' and you'll be included in a separate 'sunhat draw' for one of these. I have two, one for this coming week and one for the following week so each week the little extra prize will be the same:
Yay! It's that lovely 'Water Droplets' stamp by Ryn Tanaka.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this weeks main prize, the Sheena Douglass stamp set. Of course you can enter for both - why not, this is a treat 'cos I'm away partying :) Hic!!


Edit: I've just been playing with Mr Linky, all your entries are still there girls but you might notice that Mary Mac's delightful window card is now (midnight Monday) at the end of the list of links (she was actually first in the Playground this week) - just so you don't wonder what's going on!

Di
x

39 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are really encouraging us to work while you are away. We'll be sitting quietly under the big tree as we color, cut and paste. If we are very quiet, Spike might peek his little head out to see what we are doing. You know I'll be slaving away....I love the water drop stamp. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited, I forgot to comment on your lovely card. You did a fantastic job with this 3-d card. I'm headed over to have a look at the tutorial. Have a most wonderful holiday. We'll hold down the playground while you are away. Won't we Mrs. A?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow... I adore the 3d card Di. Its so unique and simply stunning. Gorgeous paper too. Enjoy your mini break and hope to pop by later with a card if I get my act together. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di - Thanks for featuring my card this week - oh sooo proud!! Love your gorgous tree card for Rudolph Day - I am working on my first go over at Sarn's right now... oh and an opportunity to win the water droplets [another two times] as well as the gorgeous stamps - Thanks... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thanks for showing my anniversary card - we had a lovely day yesterday with a tasty lunch out. Your snippets card is gorgeous - love the 3D tree (must follow that up). Your card would be just right to enter both CHNC challenges. I would love to win the Christmas rose set or the water droplets. Hope you have a good time away. We will be going to Eastbourne on Thursday for ten days, but I'll have t'internet with me! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 3D Christmas tree Di, fabulous idea. Hope you have a lovely reunion and enjoy your trip :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di

    What a lovely idea for a 3D tree card. Yours is great. Will have to take a peek at the weblink you gave. TFS.

    You know there'll be about a gazillion entries for the Snippets Playground in the next coupla weeks don't you? Everyone's after that water droplet stamp - not to mention the lovely Paint Fusion stuff from Sheena.

    Love all your showcase pictures too.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a good reunion. Love this 3d tree, so pretty.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing cards, love all,
    hugs to all Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card - hope you have a good time at the reunion.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Di, This is stunning l'm going to check it out later what you have made is so inspiring......Hope you have a lovely time at the reunion it's nice to do some catching up, Great showcase and congrat's to the winner Carol ....take care and have a fab time xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Di, many thanks for showcasing my card this week - so glad you liked it that much :) Your card is terrific, love the 3D tree. Impressed that you thought of Christmas whilst on your hols in the heat of New Mexico ... I think it would be the last thing on my mind :)) I can see you're well prepared for next weekend, hope you have a great time and I promise to behave myself while you are away. I think you are going to be overwhelmed with snippet cards - that droplets stamp is sure to cause a stampede :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic dimensional card. Love the tree papers too. You are really tempting us with that Ryn stamp. I had tried to buy it at her online store, but couldn't get things to work properly. She kindly replied to my cry for help, so I'm gonna try again. (Hmmm, maybe I should wait????). Have a grand time at your reunion, and thanks for having a playground to share all these loverly cards! Hugs (oh yes, thanks for the great links too, I'll be chkin' 'em out).

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabby card Di .. .. I love that tree very, very much!

    Hope you enjoy your time away. You certainly deserve it. Looking after all us ragamuffins must be no easy task!!!

    Are all those bookmarks finished?!?!?!

    Love and hugs

    Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous snippets card and some wonderful showcased cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's one...off to finish up a second one!
    See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just back with a second card...off to work on another...teehee. You can tell what I want to win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure got me moving. Just finished posting my second card. Tomorrow morning I'll be finishing my third. Those water droplets have surely got us girls moving. We've barely had time to play....skipping off to make another....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your 3D Christmas tree. I'll have to give that a try although folding is not my forte! That's a beautiful stamp, but I probably would be too intimidated by it to use it so no thanks. I will be trying for the droplets though. Have a great week, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card there Miss!
    I NEED that SD stamp Miss, you know that don't you!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, here I am again. This is #3. Yippee! And this makes for a very productive weekend for me....Thanks for the incentive. And do I want to win the water droplet stamp....OH YES I DO! Have a most wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like your 3d Christmas tree. Will try my very hardest to enter 3 times Miss so yessy please to the flowers and the raindrops. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to seeing who gets the Droplets! Thanks for writing Di. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm, fantastic prize. Whomever gets it, will be a lucky one. Thanks for the opportunity, and just squeeked in with a Memorial Day card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miss,
    I love your Christmas tree Miss - super card, clever 3D!

    .. and Miss - we are being very good here while you are away!! playing nicely not too much pig tail pulling.. or midnight feasts...

    ... see how many cards I made from one card using up many more than three snippets so can enter that droplets prize too!!

    oooh, how absolutely "wuvley" it would be!!

    Oh and tomorrow on my WOYWW post am doing how to make a gelli plate as thought should share it - off to play now!!
    Shaz in oz.x
    PS thanks Di for your very generous prizes too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh and dopey Dora forgot to say how I loved the cards from other Snippet artists too, such brilliant work! well done! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's only Tuesday and look how many people are playing in the playground already...and it's half-term too. That's dedication that is! Have a great time this weekend and thanks for your generosity with prizes! Great show and tell and lots of lovely inspiration from you as always x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me again. I know, only 3 were required...but, I needed another card, so....I now have 4.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Here with my first snippet card - thank you so much for the shout out Di - it means a lot!
    I've got to check my stamps because I think I've got the Sheena stamp and you know I got the rain drops - thank you!! So I'm just here for the fun huni! Hope your reunion goes well Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Back again Di, lots of fabulous things happening in the playground! :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my gosh Di, that little Christmas tree made from banners is the cutest thing! I'm loving the traditional colors too!
    I hope you have a fabulous fun time at your reunion! Enjoy! And thanks for the wonderful prize too - I'm so excited that I won :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm back for the third time and would love those droplets! Still don't think I'd use the stamp though. Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gracious me, your stamp is attracting a lot of cards isn't it? So many lovely entries to enjoy, and whoever gets this wonderful prize is going to have fun with it. Have a grand time at your reunion & we'll try to stay out of trouble at the Playhouse until you can get back to join in! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your 3D card, Di, and thank you for the link. I'll be checking that out!

    The highlights this week are all layered artwork and awesome!!

    Have a wonderful time drin, er, visiting with your friends at the Reunion! Don't worry about the plants I accidentally mowed down with my bike. Mrs. A said we could put up a tent there for the puppet show.

    No thank you, but thank you, for the prize draws! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Phew. Third one for the pot so to speak. Ok girls are we ready to Party?! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I hope you're having a fabby time. I'd love those waterdrops but not sure I'll be able to make a third card - maybe next week x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Me again - whew just made it in with #3 - thought I was gonna miss it... LOL - hope your reunion went well... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hello Di, that's me back for the third time this week in what is probably a vain attempt to win that fabulous droplet stamp :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.