Wednesday 15 May 2013

Oh to be relaxing

....on a beach just like this one. Just off the South of Phuket lies an island called 'Lone Island' and we used to love going there for the day. Just the two of us to a very private beach, no tourists, a picnic lunch and our own boatman. Total bliss! So, when I recently won some stamps from Flonz, one stamp in particular stamp jumped into my shopping basket right away - thank you again Hazel! I do think they have some unusual stamps at very good prices, even though they have to travel from New Zealand. Lots of vintage ones too girls!

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is to use a coloured card blank, and it's one layer at that - bit of a double whammy there for me but I think I got there in the end:
I used:

- SU 'Tempting Turquoise' card stock, cut to A6 size in a tent fold, with the left hand corners rounded

- the stamp from Flonz is called 'Landscape with Palms, Moon and Lake' - looks more like the sea to me, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' with some colouring on the moon and white gelly roll ink on the breaking waves

- sentiment is by Stampendous called ''Feel Sand', also stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black'

- before stamping (me not totally stoooopid) I embossed the square frame and then pricked round the frame right at the end of making the card - using a Dovecraft ruler with pricking holes in and my lovely TH Tonic Studios paper pricker/pokey tool (thank you again Sam, I love it!)

And here's one of the beaches on 'Lone Island' which I did find on the Internet for speed rather than search through our own photos - in fact, that could even be our little 'long tail' boat :) I sure feel Thailand calling to me this year.
 

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. O free time.....where is????
    Summer time, beach-relax
    Gorgeous card,
    hugs my dear friend
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah we have such beaches there is one not that far from here and yes we had blue skies like that too will send you some Di TFS Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Di. Fabulous image. I can feel the beach calling...
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Di . . . very relaxing to look at!

    I like the paper piercing detail too.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Di. Love the idea of a beach with no one else there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and a stunning photo. Oh to see sunshine here today - we have snow on the hills. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is perfect Di - love the one rounded corner - links in to your long boat shape. If it keeps raining like this I think we'll be on a beach - Sheffield-on-Sea with the rising flood water!
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Di!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you get to Thailand this year...and get back to Lone Island!
    Your card is gorgeous and certain has the look of Thailand or that area. I will have to check out these marked rulers...sounds like a great idea.
    I hvae one of the original MM hole poking thingy. Could not live without it...perhaps I have found a new use for it with this ruler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Di, lovely card - I like the rounded corners and the pricked frame around that super stamp. I followed the link - there are some really nice looking stamps that I might just have to have :) And, much to my surprise, really reasonable postage - I expected them to be astronomical in the same way as postage is from the US! Never been to Thailand - though I do have family living there - that island looks tempting :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So it wos you!!!!!! Just trying that nasty pokey thing out on me wos you. I got the marks to proof it. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.