Monday 20 May 2013

Fa La La La Laaaa

La La La Laaa
'Tis the Season to be Jolly
Fa La La La Laaaa
La La La Laaa

Oh boy, now I just can't get that Christmas song out of my mind :(

The current challenge over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Festive Food and/or Drink'. I didn't have any festive food/drink stamps or images to hand - then 'Ping', on went a light bulb and I remembered the lovely Bugaboo Digital stamps I won not so long ago - from Hazel herself. Now here's a confession, I'm not normally keen on digital stamps - can't really say why but perhaps it's that I like my stamps to be tactile, but I was delighted with my win and this challenge spurred me on to pick an image I'd chosen from Bugaboo, re size it and have a play. I hope it qualifies as Festive 'Drink' - or should that be 'Festive Drunk':
I used:

- A6 white card stock

- Bugaboo's terrific image called 'JJ Christmas - cheers', coloured with Pro Markers and a gold fine pen. Some Glossy Accents added and then die cut with a Nesties Wonky Squares die

- SU's 'Riding Hood Red' card stock, one layer for the main part of the card and another behind the wonky die - again just by drawing round the outside of the image die then hand cutting

- white card embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Holly with Berries' folder

- sentiment is from the 'Many Greetings' set by Personal Impressions - stamped using Memento 'Northern Pine' onto white card then backed with a strip of 'Riding Hood Red' card

- red and green pearls either side of the sentiment, which I'd really dithered about until my 'in-house critic' returned from playing at being Robin Hood archery with his opinion. The green pearls were coloured with a Pro Marker 'cos despite a mahoosive box of gems and pearls there wasn't a dark green one in sight :(

I know quite a few people this card would be great for - one prime candidate is my hairdresser - this gal looks so much like her! Not that I've ever seen Jane the worse for wear, it's the features and her specs :)

And I'd also like to enter this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra as well.

I think I'm a bit converted to digi stamps - they can be really useful. But no worries - I won't be selling my umpty-million 'ink and press' stamps for a long while yet :)

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Oh ho, so cute...really great with your sentiment. It's that 'after the office party' feel, and I'm admiring that it was all done with digis (not used any...bought some! story of my life). Must be great to resize, maybe rotate - to make it fit your layout. And how wonderful that you could use a 'win' to enter Hazel's challenge! You rock!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not big into digis either...but...I have always thought this image was a hoot!
    Congratulations on winning it by the way!

    You did a great job and perhaps it should be for your hairdresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous image Do. Unlike you I prefer the digital images as you can do so many different things with them. Love the card. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, Di - I use digis more now than I used to, but I agree with you that there's nothing better than a 'real' stamp in your hands, although, of course, the digis are versatile in that you can change the size. Thanks for entering this into both of my challenges - I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this humorous card. Hic!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that image! What a great CAS card, and the wonky square is just the right one for a tiddly lady!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... I like a Christmas tipple but I can't say I've ever ended up IN my drink! What a fab card Di but you might think twice before giving it to your hairdresser for Christmas or you could be getting some strange haircuts! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit I've got into digis a bit more since having the Prisma pencils, watercolouring and ink jet printers never went together before so I never got on with them at all, but I do still love stamps though! Great card, very festive in that morning after the night before way! You could also enter this t Christmas Stamping All Year Long (Christmas Carols) and Sparkles Christmas Challenge (Favourite festive colours).

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Miss! I am not a convert to digi stamps either! Hic!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny and lovely card...
    la la la
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how did you take that picture of me...lol Fabulous image l do like this one a lot your card Di is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I love this and I know a few people it would suit too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card, Di. Love the digi stamp - it's perfect for Hazel's challenge. I can think of one or two girlfriends that it would suit too. I like digis - I like that you can re-size them too, great for inserts. I like the other stamps too ... even though the cataloguing is taking me forever! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Di, this card is fabulous, love the image and the colours and of course the wonky squares are just right.
    I felt like you about digi stamps but to be quite honest I love them now, still use others though but I feel digi are more versatile.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. FUN FUN FUN!!!! so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.