This month's Quick Cards Made Easy magazine had another great article by Katina, using cork on cards. I practically CASE'd one of Katina's lovely cards and made this:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- turquoise card from the snippets folder and a snippet of yellow card for the sun, punched with a round punch
- cork backing and a little house made from cork - the house shape was just a 2" x 2" square with another square the same size, sliced diagonally for the roof, plus a snippet from the other triangle I was left with for the chimney (it's already cut at the same angle so that reduced some fiddling about. The cork is DCWV adhesive cork and I bought mine from EBay where the seller had just six sheets in packs - a nice amount to play around with
- the roof, windows and door are all cut from snippets of Pink Petticoat 'Wild Blossoms' collection paper - the door was actually punched using SU's 'Modern Label' die with a bit trimmed off the bottom
- a snippet of KanBan'Green Grass' card along the bottom with a white die cut border using La La Land's 'Tulip Border' die. I then die cut more of the border using another paper from the 'Wild Blossoms' collection and snipped the heads off and glued them to the flowers - plus a few along the bottom...........really need to get out more!
- the sentiment is an Elzybells one, stamped with Brilliance Pearlescent 'Sky Blue', then punched out with SU's 'Large Oval' punch and matted onto a cork oval which was punched with SU's 'Scallop Oval' punch
- hand drew the birds and then fished a teeny scrap of cork outta the waste basket and using about an eighth of an inch hand punch just punched little centres for the flowers along the bottom of the card - and a door knob :)
Looking at the amount of snippets I used, this would have been more suited to yesterday's Snippets Playground post!
There's another card in the same article I'd like to play around with, using die cut flowers. While the cork is still on the desk that could my next little venture - in between making those reunion bookmarks :) Mind you, I did make a bit dent in them yesterday which is a relief 'cos I do now know it's achievable without sitting up half the night for the next couple of weeks.