As you just might suspect, I adore pink - especially what I'd call the 'bluer' shades such as a pale crisp pink without even a tinge of peach, and of course fuchsia:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock - tent fold
- fuchsia pink backing card
- image from LOTV's 'Fairies' Art Pad - pre-coloured, die cut using Nesties Labels Eighteen and then popped onto my usual 'traced and hand cut' slightly larger border of more fuchsia pink. Added a tickle of Ice Stickles 'Cherry Ice' to the wings 'cos fairies have sparkly wings - at least all the ones I've ever met have
- backing paper from a favourite paper pad by Prima called 'Firefly' - I angled the image so as not to obscure the flowers :)
- a bow made using pure silk fuchsia ribbon, topped with an' ivory flower shape flat back 12mm pearl' - both from Wild Orchid Crafts
- self adhesive pearls top and bottom
This card reminds me of one of our little grand daughters - who would like to be a ballerina when she grows up, unless she can be a fairy or Barbie!
I'd like to enter this card into the current challenge over at Simon Says Stamp - where the current them is 'Things with wings'.
Anyone been having trouble uploading photos by the way? I've had trouble all week with slowness but yesterday Blogger refused to even get off its rear end and so much as try :(
After some searching on the internet I discovered it's a current 'known problem' - which Blogger are taking their time sorting out. The crux of it is that both Firefox and IE (Internet Explorer) can be affected - so if you're suffering, do as I did and try Google Chrome.
Bingo, Chrome works perfectly. I much prefer Firefox, it's more secure for a start which might be part of the issue, but until it's resolved (and many Bloggers are screaming for Blogger to extract a digit and sort it out) I'm happy to keep hopping to and fro - using Chrome when writing a post and Firefox otherwise. At least it's better than gawping at the upload drop-down box which just seems to sit there leering and doing sweet nothing!!
Friday once again - sheesh three weeks until my school reunion and I have to make 240 or so magnetic bookmarks by then. I know, I know, I'll never learn to keep my big mouth shut :)