Way back in April I met up with a crowd of lovely buddies, from the Snippets Playground, at Ally Pally. These are what I took with me as small gifts:
- SU double sided patterned card stock
- instructions from You Tube here. What I liked about this was that you don't need a special template or die, just measure up a piece of card, score, snip, fold and stick - it's a really clear tutorial too, even I followed it without any disasters. And that was before I even had a Hougie board :)
- butterflies punched with X-Cut punch and topped with little pearls
- labels punched with a Hobbycraft label punch and the stamped sentiment is by LOTV from their 'General Greetings - small' set
- white organza ribbon to tie the tops together and hold the labels
And the contents? A scented 'Colonial' votive candle, nestled in tissue paper. The size is just about perfect for one of those.
I have a couple of 'Yankee Candle' votives that Irene sent me a while ago (to remind me of the sea air that I miss so much) and, even though still unlit, here in my craft room they give off a lovely smell - thank you again!
I think before I do light them I'll remove them from the craft room though - waaaay too much paper and inflammable stuff flying round for safety, there could be one 'poof' and me eyebrows and fringe could disappear.
How do I know this little fact about naked flames, inflammable stuff and disappearing fringes and eyelashes? Yup, been there and got the T-shirt - one of the most frightening experiences of my life about eight years ago. Refilling a gas-operated candle lighter over the utility room sink, thought 'I wonder if this is now working', CLICK, BOOM. Unfortunately there was butane liquid over my hands and that burst into a fireball - thank the Lord I was standing at the sink in fast reach of water. Spent weeks with bandaged fingers and agonisingly painful burns, minus fringe and eyelashes and was so very lucky for it not to be worse.
Of course the office had enormous fun at my expense - it could only happen to yours truly :(