Thursday 22 March 2012

Return to the craft room, and the return of Spike

Yippee, the trousers got finished and I dived into the craft room with just time to whip up a card in celebration, both of the finished sewing - and, the return of Spike the Hedgehog! Our CCTV picked him up in the back garden on Monday night! So, despite being quite small, he made it through the Winter! Little Happy Dance here - instead of the nightly fencing routine :)

Time constraints meant it had to be a quick make:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- green Core'dinations card

- backing paper from a 'Sweet Wishes' paper stack, free with Papercraft Essentials magazine some time ago
- butterfly sentiment by Craftwork cards, from one of their goodie bags

- Josy Rose nail heads

- and last, but by no means least - a Penny Black hedgehogs Stickaroo. Dopey Di got caught out thinking that the lovely Irene had coloured some images (she's good enough to have coloured them anyhow!).But they turned out to be Stickaroos (stickers of Penny Black favourite stamps, that have been water coloured before being produced en masse so they look very realistic). Yesterday Mr Postie brought me some of my very own, from Irene! Am thinking, perhaps I should play dumb a lot more often, thank you so much Irene!

So, a quick and easy make as I said, I did wonder whether to prop it up beside Spike's little dish of food we're now leaving out again :)

A little question - if any of you are using the new Blogger interface, and feel happy to help out a new blogger, could you let me know and I'll put you in touch. Some things are very different between the two and I only know the old interface but it would be so good if we could offer a little help. Her blog is all set up, it's just a few bits and pieces - for example, she ended up following herself and can't change it. I can do that fine using the old interface but am a bit stumped. My email is di_wray@hotmail.com as lots of you already know anyhow :)

Friday Feast tomorrow remember!

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. What a cute image - great card Di.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having a fight with changing things on my blog Di. Eentually think I managed it but not sure I'm much help to anyone hehehe.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Di and congrats on getting the sewing done, I need to do the same with my ironing lol. Pleased to hear spike is still around. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and FABBY stickeroos.
    Spike WILL be pleased. Glad he made it through the winter.

    I am using the new blog interface and would like to help . . . E ya later xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Di, with gorgeous papers. The butterfly is brilliant with the sentiment on. I'm so pleased Spike has survived.
    and my little surprise arrived.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Di, love the image.

    We're still waiting for our little family of hedgehogs to put in an appearance, hopefully they'll turn up before the slugs and snails start munching all my plants!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card Di, aren't hedgehogs cute too. We have a pair that come visiting every year at my partners house, they have even been known to add entertainment to the odd bbq of a summers evening. Btw, if you do find out how to stop following oneself on the new blogger interface please pass on the info, as I seem to have done this too. Take care, Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see four Spikes on that card! I love the PB Stickeroo sheets, I've only got four I think but I might look out a couple more. Very cute too. So what's for tea tomorrow then??

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card Di, haven't tried the stickeroos, may had to add them to my shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di, What a great card soooo cute... I changed to the new interface but changed quickly back after 24 hours as it drove me bananas... sorry I cant help!!! Hugs May x x. ps! So glad to hear DH is wearing trousers again he he...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, Sorry l can't help but hopefully you will get lots offering there services, your card is gorgeous great your used the Penny/Black image one of my favourites and nice that your little fella has returned too!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cute!!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and I would never have guessed that the image was a Stickaroo! Does this plea for help (sorry, can't help as never used the new interface) mean that your friend, Dee, is starting her own blog due to popular demand? Will be popping in to check out the Friday Feast tomorrow. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awesome that you have a little hedge hog in your yard...pictures? I'm sorry, not using the new blogger interface :( Since you left a comment about my seahorse tag I made, I just wanted you to know that I made a tutorial about how I created the sea, if your interested I would love for you to check it out and let me know how I did on the tutorial as I haven't done many of them before. Thanks bunches and waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2012/03/vellum-noun.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm still on the old interface, hate change so dare not try the new one.
    Fabulous card,great image and lovely papers. I love the PB stickeroo's and have had some for ages but don't like using them as they are so nice.
    Glad Spike is back, hope it is not too soon though, you know what our weather is like but he has more chance with you as you are down south.
    Looking forward to seeing 'what's the recipe today, Di'.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.