Sunday 18 March 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge - Number 12

Oops, I went to bed early and forgot to release this last night :( The best laid plans and all that - especially as I'd ages yesterday getting everything poised for that last check before publishing! I think I hear some rattling of the gate right now - sorry girls, you can have two goes on everything!

Straight in today - here's my snippets card this week:

Sarn used this stamp a while back, and being a bit of a copycat admirer I just had to have it. Ahem, bunnies on pogo sticks in the playground now!

The image is coloured with chalks - which I'm learning are NOT so good for colouring large areas as Pro Markers are but too late to do it for the third time as writing the roll call was calling to me. I totally mucked up the first coloured image by trying out 'over stamping' and ended up with a bunny that looked like it had been at the sherry bottle, all blurred and wobbling around like crazy :(

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- a whole sheet (shame on me!) of backing paper from Pink Petticoat's 'Wild Blossoms' collection which came free with Quick Cards Made Easy

- LOTV stamped image called ' Spring Bunny With Eggs'

- all other card and backing papers came from the snippets folder, and the pieces of ribbon are little snippets too

- the flowers were punched out of the same papers and card, along with the little butterfly. That lilac card is yellow on the underside so the butterfly has yellow underneath its flicked up wings, but no way am I attempting to show that here, I ain't a contortionist so you'll just have to trust me

- Josy Rose nail heads to finish off

Now, onto the all important roll call!

Carol arrived, bright and early and wondering where everyone was last Sunday, bringing with her a really terrific Christmas card, with the theme of 'Winter Sports'. Red, white and silver - and a LOTV image - what more could you want? To see what I'm on about. go here. And, get a load of the stitched ribbon while you're having a peek - recycled from the Christmas Cake - we crafters are always thinking of ways to recycle aren't we! Love it Carol!

And, on the subject of cakes, Linby hopped in next with this super cupcake shaped card. Great colours and such a fun card shape - I did smile at Linby saying that jam sandwiches had been on offer even if you had to watch that duckpond :) Love the combination of stripes and dots Linby, and no need to feel that peel offs are a no-no 'cos the sentiment works perfectly!

Hazel's first card of the week was also a Winter Sports Christmas card - it's a great way to find out what challenges are going on by the way if you keep an eye on what our playmates are up to :) I love the blues and silver Hazel, perfect with her red hair. Next was this perfect card for a cricket loving chap - definitely a card to hit you for six! Hazel's next card is such a chirpy (you'll see why when you look) Easter card, using positive and negatives from a die - all bright and cheerful yellows too. Then, Hazel brought a few altered notebooks along with her - the first, all pink and girlie (here) is so perfect for a teenager I think. Then a great bicycle one for a boy, I think the background is just so perfect too. This was followed by another brilliant notebook, this time with a gardening theme - just right for keeping tabs on what's growing in the greenhouse! Then, back to cards went our Hazel, with a great one for a football fan here. I think the grassy background card is so useful and use it myself sometimes, made by Kanban and it's generally available from places like Hobbycraft and eBay. As I'm writing this early on Saturday morning, I'm not sure if the next card is Hazel's last trip into the playground this week - but if it is, talk about ending on a real high with a stunning card for her Mum. It's a side stepper card and truly gorgeous - just perfect for Mother's Day too, really worth hopping over to see and be inspired by!

Jules managed to whizz in on Sunday with one of those cards that makes you bite your lip and wonder if it's time to throw away all things crafty. Such a beautiful card, perfectly made as always, see it here. Stamping, embossing, die cutting, punching - all going to make a butterfly card with some delicious spotty ribbon. The heart is quite subtle, I wonder if you found it? And, to make matters worse, it's apparently a very quick make! Eeek!

Liz was next, with a Mother's Day card - so pretty in pinks and take a look at those beautiful flowers, made using Liz's Craft Robo - you can see the card here. Writing this roll call is such a dangerous job - people seem to have so many tempting gadgets :( I also think that Liz's next offering might have been made using the craft robo? Take a peek here to see a really lovely flower, very cleverly made using layers of white card and vellum, a gorgeous result Liz. I'm going to dig out my vellum and try this one, using the TH Tattered Florals Die and embossing folders. Thanks for showing us Liz!

Then we had Karen calling by, with a perfect card for a man. Burgundy always makes for a really rich looking card, and this works beautifully with the map background and the stamped vintage car. Some gold is the perfect foil, plus a couple of peel offs to add a great finishing touch. I honestly think that, used well as you girls show, peel offs do still have a lot going for them. Whoever is the lucky recipient of this card Karen will be delighted I'm sure!

Gilly's snippets card this week is a beauty. Like me, Gilly used lilac and lemon which you can see here, a beautifully balanced card. There was a comment Gilly made in her posting about her sewing skills needing some work. I didn't agree and think what she produced is just fine - although, for me, I'd like any tips on machining on paper as I find it tends to slip easily. Any ideas girls? It's always good to share :)

Right, now be prepared to be a bit over-awed by what Sarn brought to show here. I'd been waiting with interest to see what Sarn did with the lovely album that Sam had sent to her - to make a record of her chickens antics in. And Sarn certainly didn't disappoint - a brilliant end result indeed! It follows the 'life and times' of Harriet and Margot from their arrival (aged only 6 months - aah) last year and is such fun. The bit that I thought was really inspired is the page with the little door in it - to see what I mean you'll have to go and take a peek behind the door, so clever  Sarn!

Irene's card this week is another very elegant one, I do love the way that Irene always uses white so beautifully. Dumbo here asked how Irene stamped the image and got such a lovely blend of colours - I think that's the second time I've asked that. So, looking at the comments just now, the penny (Black, tee, hee) has just dropped here - I'd thought that Stickeroos were just clingy PB stamps, whereas they're the most gorgeous image stickers based on PBs most popular stamps! Handy Hippo stocks them and there are some really gorgeous floral images to be had. I bet Irene thought I was a real Silly Billy :( These are now on my wish list needless to say!

Next to nip in for a go on the swings was Sandra H, with such a cute card - in pink too :) You can see it here - the image is a pre-coloured LOTV Cute Square (one of my favourites too). And, the really clever part, in addition to the card as a whole, is that Sandra punched holes to thread ribbon through on one of the border strips. Then she used the punched out circles at each corner of the image to pull it all together. Just shows, don't sweep those punchings into the bin before checking if they can be used - clever girl Sandra.

Hettie, Sam really, brought a gorgeous canvas, in mostly blues and peachy pink tones to show this week. It was made instead of an anniversary card for some friends, and such a great idea as it can be kept on display. Even better, Sam went right through the steps she took when making the canvas. The result is absolutely great, every element works so well - do go and see, you could well be inspired to have a go yourself! And, not forgetting the bag to tuck it in as well of course! I love them both Sam - I bet the recipients were pleased.

Then Shaz In Oz hopped in with a totally beautiful 90th Birthday card which you can see here. It's truly exquisite with some really delicate embossing and lovely aquilegias in gorgeous shades - just perfect for a 90th Birthday. There were also other celebrations as Shaz has joined a new DT in Oz, Card Making Online. Great news Shaz - does that mean you bring a cupcake for us all? That was always the tradition where I worked - birthdays, bits of good luck, any excuse really!

Not content with the gorgeous napkin card last week, Mary had been playing with crepe paper - and a stunning card was the result too! Again, a gorgeous white embossed and punched background - topped with a beautiful crepe paper flower in rich ruby red. Beautiful Mary! Also, I spied the inside of one edge of the card was also given the crepe paper treatment, along with a scalloped trim. Another technique to try out!

As I've been saying, hopping round all the playmates is a fabulous way to find inspiration. It's not to a formula, apart from using snippets, so I never know what's going to appear next - and am constantly surprised and delighted by you talented 'snippeteers'! Thank you all for taking the time to come and play - and hopefully make new friends too.

Tammy arrived next with such a lovely St. Patrick's Day card which you can see here. The posting is entitled 'Sweet Little Irish Girl' - and that sums it up perfectly.
Plenty of green, a shamrock, buttons, lace, seam binding and a touch of gold. But for me, the even more clever twist is the die cut edging along the top of the card - made from cork. I wonder if Tammy had made the link with Cork when she chose to to it? Certainly a great result Tammy! Then Tammy called by again with this beauty. There's lots going on which you really should peek at - embossing using the only way I can use my brayer with success by inking the folder before embossing, patterned papers, seam binding, a felt die cut flower and lots more besides. Oh, and a button of course, Tammy is known for her lovely collection of buttons, great stuff!

That reminds me of something from school days - we used to carry a tin of either paper scraps (the really old fashioned image ones which are so popular for vintage cards now), small pieces of material or buttons with us to school (before I was banished to boarding school) each day and sit and do 'swops' at playtime. Easily pleased in them days! That's today's history lesson!

Anne joined us for the first time this week - with three cards and a bag, all beautiful and of course using snippets. Lot of lovely punching and embossing and a great way to use ribbon, another tip I've picked up. I love the colour combinations that Anne used on everything. The bag and one of the cards is for her Mum - I bet she'll be a happy lady today! To see what I'm talking about, hop over here to have a look! Anne recently deleted a lot of older posts and lost some very precious comments (don't we all smile when nice people leave us comments?!) - so it would be great if you could go and say hello and build up those comments again!

Now, I do sometimes prompt people who post delicious things on their blogs to come and play here - OK, so I nag them! When I saw this next card made by Sally I was straight onto the case as I just knew you'd be as excited as me. Wow and double wow is all I can say! The Diamond Anniversary card is a real beauty of course, but just get a load of those amazing roses! So realistic and cleverly made - Sally has also added a link to a tutorial - and I just bet a few of you will be keen to have a go for yourselves :) Sally's next cards are baby cards, one for a boy and one for a girl, I love them. Great use of snippets Sally and those cheeky babies are so cute!

Lyn brought a sports themed card with her this week - to see it hop over to here. It's such a cute golfer and very cleverly made too using corrugated card as part of the backing behind a terrific image. Again, such a clever touch to use a backing paper to echo the diamond pattern on the little golfer's sweater. It's another perfect golfing card for any chap who indulges in the (to me at least) slightly pointless recreation of whacking a little ball around whilst having a good long walk! I can understand the walking bit though! Eeek, I can hear you golfers out there shouting at me :(

Next, we had a visit from someone who's been peeking through the railings at us for a while now and has only just been brave enough to come and play - introducing BetteK, really Debbie! Hi Debbie and a big welcome - I see that some of the girlies have already been over to say hello and leave comments, great stuff! Debbie brought two really beautiful tags with her, you can see them here. One blue and one pink - and both stunning too. I love them both equally, the detail is gorgeous - and if this is TH stuff then it's time I had another go at making some 'pretties' too! Don't forget to come and play again Debbie, no hiding in the shadows :)

Karen T came back for a return visit this week - we must have played nicely after all the first time :) And what a gorgeous card Karen brought to show as well. A lovely combination of turquoise, cream and white - some super backing papers and a beautifully coloured Tilda image. Love all the lacy punching Karen, great idea to layer it as well. Karen says she's really proud of the result, and so you should be Karen - it's really lovely! If you haven't already called by to have a look, why not? You're missing a treat!

Next was Kimberley, I think also on her first trip into the playground, with such a sweet card. You'll get the play on the word 'sweet' when you hop over to here for a peek - it certainly brought some memories back to me Kimberley! Great card. I did laugh when Kimberley made reference to 'this shading malarky' - lovely phrase and much more descriptive than plain old 'colouring in' :) Hope to see you again Kimberley, I've been peeking through your blog and know you'll be up for more snippets makes!

Maggie nipped in yesterday with a host of lovely cards which you can see here.  All different techniques too ranging through decoupage,  Joanna Sheen goodies, embossing, colouring acetate (with some good tips), and the cutest gift card. Always one to try something different is Maggie, and also on a drive to use up her bits and pieces including peel offs. I know, it's not everyone's taste but I personally think that used properly peel offs have loads going for them - so there. This is my blog (even if it's not really my playground) and if I like peel offs I'll say so - catch me if you can! Super makes Maggie!

Last to arrive was Sam (aka Hettie) who raced in with her kite, carrying some gorgeous cards and wearing some wonderful new wellies. I promise you, they're really super - oh, and the cards are too :)) To check the cards and wellies out go here. The cards are white and blues, with embossed backgrounds and butterflies - and what an amazing central stamp! Ha, ha - am I allowed to confiscate things in the playground? Hmmm, I think the wellies would be first though - they'll make you 'chookle' when you hop over to Sam's and see them!

What a fun week girls, and some really brilliant shares too. You constantly amaze and inspire me (and your playmates) and it's a privilege to have the snippets playground keys, thanks again Jules - most of the time but perhaps not when I'm banging my head on the desk frantically checking I've covered you all properly :)

As usual, Mr Linky is below - have a great Sunday everyone, whatever you have planned! I'm closing the gates again at 10pm UK time next Saturday, and will do so in future - it really worked for me this week, hope it didn't catch anyone out. Hope to see you in the playground this week! 

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)  

27 comments:

  1. OK . . . so I caved on the NO POOTER today . . . HAD to come and visit the playground!

    Expect a phone call! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops . . . I forgot to say just how much I love your pogo-in bunny. The card layout is perfect too. Great job! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I loVe all the gorgeous pastle colours of Easter...this is really cute Di...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bunny on a pogo stick, and such pretty colours. thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I am almost back to normal now but I still wake up with a headache each day so I can't sit looking at the screen for long.
    I've heard from one of my boys and expect the other three will get there by the end of the day! I wish I still needed to make a Mother's day card though. Have a great day.. Kate X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card....such a sweet image and love the soft colour combo.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the confusion with my linking this week. I will try to do better next time. Thank yo for all your lovely comments, and I think your bunny is so cute. I have not used my chalks for a very long time, so maybe it is time to dig them out again. Thank you for hosting us all so well each week. It makes for a really good read each Sunday, and it is great to see all the different styles used by our small group. Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you wanted that stamp - a delightful card. Don't know how you're keeping up with all the shannanigans in the playground! It's so inspirational to share in the creativity of others in this way - there's been so much going on this week that I feel quite dizzy (probably too many turns on the roundabout thingie!) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that card and I've been looking at that image too! I've been looking at a lot of LOTV images to tell the truth, all Sandra's fault! I laughed out loud at the thought of Mrs A dressed as a bunny on a pogo stick!! I'm here bright and early today before I head out in to the garden to continue the spring clean up!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card there Di. Sorry if my rattling of the gates woke you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute card even if it does have one of those darn pogo sticks on it. I've got cupcakes in me lunch box for everyone this week. See you over at the swings.Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card Di, I love the po go bunny, is he by any chance giving lessons????
    And those yummy Easter Eggs too.
    Lovely cool pastel colours and gorgeous flowers.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card Di, cute image and a great layout.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Di,

    What a cute bunny! Love the colors that you used!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Di! I love your pogo-in bunny and the soft spring colors are fantastic. Another fabulous roll call, don't know how you do it and how you keep us with all the playmates.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Di, love the bunny, very cute! Want to play on the seesaw today, hope there are some other girls in the playground!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di

    Here at last .. .. sorry I didn't manage Sunday but life was a bit manic.

    Loving your lovely pogo stick bunny card.

    I have those Pink Petticoat papers but haven't yet cut into a full sheet to be allowed to use them as snippets!!! LOL!!!

    Thank you for another amazing round up of us all.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully I'm making up this week for missing out last week, lol! It was that cupcake from Mrs A wot did it miss, too much sugar for little old me. Off to burn up some energy on the swings.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first visit to the 'Playground' and really enjoying it. I have a whole drawer of Snippets (started as a small folder, but expanded), so will definitely be visiting again. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think something strange happened with linky yesterday (too many goes on the swings perhaps) - anyway, I've linked again from yesterday - hope there aren't now duplicates x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your card Di, the pogoing rabbit is so cute - guess I'll never get a shot on the pogo stick now lol.
    I can see several of the girls have been multi-snippetting already this week so I'll have to come back later and catch up.
    Have a great week. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I polished the slide and now if you hold on tight you can go whizzing over the pond ...... lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di, thank you again for your lovely comments again, as always you have a lovely creation so lovely is your card and a great image love the layout and the colours also the lovely back ground papers so beautiful:) Sandra H XX

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just precious little pogo bunny and just perfect for the playground this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your bunny card Di. The belated birthday,thinking of you and just a not cards are all made from bits left over from other cards and projects. Didn't mean to show off wth three just realised I need to post just one card and link here. Der I am thick. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  25. HELP! can't remember how to link, i give up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woo Hoo - Back again and Mrs A's cupcakes are gorgeous - I had the PINK Schparkly one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Di sorry am way behind and no late note either, ouch!
    And sorry no cupcake to make amends either aren't I bad?
    .. thanks so much Di for your lovely words - my days are so snowed under what with extra work for the dt. Funny they dont make days as long as they used to, I am sure and do so love the pogo stick you brought along this week a great card! to spark us all up!! Shaz in oz.x PS. did manage woyww this week but that was all and very few blogs visited too..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.