Meanwhile, let's have another Christmas/New Year 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank, side opening
- snippet of deep blue, almost midnight in some lights, shimmery card, trimmed only slightly smaller than the card front - but not glued in place yet
- snippets of plain white card, die cut using the following dies - The Works 'Joy Message' and The Works 'Snowflakes'
- then added the Joy followed by the snowflakes to the piece of deep blue card - using just a fine glue pen and making sure a couple of the snowflakes were placed 'off the edge'
- snipped the excess from the overhanging snowflakes from the back
- glued the deep blue panel to the card front and popped on a scattering of self-adhesive diamantes to add some sparkle
This was a fun card to make, didn't take too long and the dies are gorgeous! The big snowflake at top left would stand very well on its own on a smallish card and they're the prettiest set of snowflakes I own for sure. The only thing I found is that die cutting the Joy word needed some small shims added to the snowflake part to cut right through, which isn't uncommon when you have a portion of a die within a circle - I just use little pieces of paper to build it up and keep running through my Cuttlebug until the cut is completely through. Everything else cut like a dream and everything also popped straight out of the dies. The Works dies really are very good quality - but as i said previously, they do keep changing their range so if you see a die or set of dies you want then do go ahead and get them at the time!
So, here's today's prize:
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 5th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
By the way - I realised that if all goes to plan there will even be a prize on Saturday 5th January. I'll be leaving the comments open on later prizes for at least a couple of extra days to give folk a chance to check what's on offer and say if they're wanting to play for those prizes. I can't leave them open for too long though as of course I want to publish the draw results on Sunday 13th January and it's going to probably take me days to sort out the draw results and write them up. Whoever thought this was a good idea she asks herself?!
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize. The prize isn't going to be split. But, if you have one of the dies/sets or only want one or the other than, as I always say - you can gift what you don't want to a friend at your end! Can't be fairer than that.
Keep checking for more prizes! Am still working on samples for upcoming prizes here but there seems to be a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel ☺