I also made this card for Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Days challenge but most of you will know that Mo has just undergone knee replacement surgery and decided to not run January's challenge. A wise move, hope you're recovering well Mo!
The idea for the card began when I was rootling through a box of Christmas toppers and embellishments and found a packet of two sets of embellishments that date back goodness knows how long - so the card evolved from there.
I made two cards exactly the same:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- die cut the aperture using a Spellbinders 'Labels 18' die
- made the background using snippets of pearlescent card in baby blue and white, using a die from the Spellbinders 'A2 Borderabilities' set to cut the curve on the white snippet of card
- then adhered the blue and white panel behind the aperture and backed the inside of the card front with a layer of white card, just marginally smaller than the card front itself
- added the tree and deer embellishments to the panel, adding some fresh glue to the pads which were well stuck on but I wanted to be sure they also stayed stuck to the background panel
- then found some perfectly matching purple sparkly glitter sheet from the XCut A5 Adhesive sheets pack (Darks) and die cut the sentiment using a Britannia 'Seasons Greetings' die
- stuck the sentiment in place (it looked straight to me at the time!) and there was one finished card! Two in fact :)
Hmmm, looks as if I have two thick cards due to the sticky pads on the back of the embellishments. I think these will be hand delivered!
AND - I got the biggest surprise ever on Sunday when, following a hint, I discovered that Superwoman Darnell had organised a blog hop to celebrate seven years since I took the Playground over from the lovely Jules. We've been a bit busy here and still are but I fully intend to take the time to visit every single one of you who joins in. But in the meantime, thank you from the bottom of my heart - I admit I cried and even typing this am still quite overwhelmed. Who knew what wonderful people I would find when I dipped my toe into the wonderful world of blogging! Big hugs to you all!
I'll write more in my post on Sunday - hopefully I'll find some time to make a snippets make before the weekend.