Despite it being New Year, I'm still ploughing on with Christmas cards here - making samples for the Christmas/New Year prize draw and here's my snippets card for today:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- a snippet of backing card that I found lurking in a box of Christmas paper and card stock - made by Kanban depicting a snow scene (that saved me a lot of work I can tell you!), trimmed to just a fraction smaller than the card blank but not adhered to the card front just yet
- snippets of white card onto which I stamped a lamp post. row of three penguins plus a single guitar playing penguin - using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and stamps from a super-cute Lawn Fawn 'Here We Go A-Waddling' set of stamps and sentiments
- coloured the images using Pro markers and then die cut them using the matching Lawn Fawn set of dies
- before permanently sticking down the die cuts onto the scenic background I wanted to stamp a sentiment directly onto the card front so I tried it first on a little trimming of the same piece of card just in case it 'spread' - phew, it worked fine so I added the sentiment and the FA-LA-LAs using the Misti
- then added the images using a glue pen before sticking the image panel onto the card front
- final touches, with heart in mouth a bit, was to add some musical notes - success, without a single smudge!
I really do love this set of stamps and dies - there are so many different sentiments to choose from - I even spotted a card made with this set which used the wavy sentiments to create a back ground ........... somewhere on the internet. I want to have a good play with more time to spare and come up with some other designs as there's just so much potential!
And of course this is today's prize and it's one of the top prizes:
Lawn Fawn does feature quite a bit in this year's draw - one reason is that they do stop production of older lines after a finite amount of time and lil' ole me is always on the lookout. Often I have to pay full whack for prizes but if I see a bargain that I like and think you would also like (not just any old thing) then I'm 'in like Flynn' as they say!
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 5th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize. Obviously it won't be split!
Ahem, little tinker Dudley learned a new trick the other day. Len has a sofa at the far end of his study and now, games of chase between Len and Dudley are punctuated by Dudley taking a flying leap onto said sofa and using it like a trampoline. As Len wryly observed, that's now two sofas he's taken over, both of which are Len's rather than used by me very much. So far our bed is much too high for him to jump onto ........ so far of course!
Keep checking for more prizes!
Love from moi, Dudley and Parsnip of course!