Saturday 10 March 2012

Birthday card for a real cat lover

Hey, ho - I'm really a dog person (or, I really wish, chickens). But, this is for a crafting friend who adores cats in all shapes and forms - her house is like a 'full on display' of all things cats, right from the moment you step onto her doormat with something like 'Welcome to the Cat's Palace' printed on it. Ornaments. trinkets, mugs, spoon rests, goodness knows what - she's nutty about cats! And her cat, Willow, is Queen of the House for sure! So, my friend's Birthday card just had to feature a cat of course:

That gave me some grief as cat stamps etc. are waaay down on my wish list of crafting goodies - then I found a LOTV freebie image which came with a magazine a while back:
The colouring ain't good and I feel I threw too much at the card but, it was made with a lot of thought, and a blindfold! Plus, it's kinda cute - even if that mouse is dicing with death and I'm not sure about the little pink pearls!

I used:

- 6" x 6" scalloped square white card stock- Craftwork Cards

- free LOTV image with a craft magazine, coloured with Pro Markers and some Stickles on the 'bubbly'

- patterned card from First Edition 'Bird Song' stack. The lacy trimming was punched using a Martha Stewart favourite

- Core'dinations card in a sort of magenta colour :)

- 'Meow' pink ribbon from stash - bought from Hobbycraft, or my local haberdashery store - no flouncy bow as said friend isn't into bows that much

- Pauline's name spelled out on Card Candi - using a really cheap alphabetic set from The Range the other week (99p!!). It works OK as an experiment and saved me buying an expensive one from Craftwork Cards until I knew roughly if it would work OK

- pink pearls from stash along the lacy edging, which I think could be OTT and might removed before handing over the card :)

I hopped round with it yesterday afternoon and it's a hit, and the little pink pearls were especially liked - yay!!

Remember, tomorrow is the Roll Call for the Snippets Playground - I could be burning the midnight oil!

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. Hallo Di, this is so sweet, any pusscat lover will adore it. hugs heid x ps and the pearls are lovely too!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Di, really like the name on the candi, you must have been sneaking a peek on my desk as I've been having a play with alpha stamps and candi this week too. Take care, Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww such a sweet image. I love the name down the side of the card and the pearls are gorgeous.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do cats either Di but this is sweet. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card Di, I love cats so this is right up my street!
    I have just entered the playground, a bit late as I tripped over my shoelaces, sorry ;-)
    Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cat card (even though I'm like you on the chickens/dogs front) . . . but this is PURR-FECT (sorry, couldn't resist it) for a cat lover! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Di, this is a lovely card, so sweet.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I adore cats and I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice card, my house is a bit like that too

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, I am sure your friend will love it, Love her name on the candi as well. Great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how purrfect is that card - any cat lover (me included!) would love a Thomas card, he's so cute with his little mouse friend! It's not OTT, just right I think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Di, now I'm a self-confessed cat lover, as The Boss would attest if you meowed her, so this card is right up my street ... however, the EM draws the line at the number of cat shaped bits and bobs that are given house room :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card for a cat lover and you see, she loved it all, as I do.
    Won't go into my views on animals.
    But looked up 'stash' in the dicctionary and 2 definitions are - secret store and hiding place. NOw I did like your POB idea, and on those lines I thought of OP's - old purchases. Secret store is quite good as we all have those, hidden from our other halves.
    Jury is out, let me know your choice.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di, the little alpha's on the ribbon card are some beads that I have had in my stash for a number of years. The card candy was a wee bit big, but I will be showing it on future cards as I was very pleased with how it came out. Take care, Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di

    A fabulous card for a cat lover .. .. bonus to find a freebie cat image in your collection and the ribbon is just perfect alongside.

    I actually think the pink pearls finish it all off beautifully.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's another of your fabulous creations Di, and the pearls are great too! your friend will just love this and the colouring is okay also another great take:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's absolutely purrrr-fect! Sorry, couldn't resist! I think everything works together really well, and I really like the pink pearls too!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you didn't remove the pearls I love them as I do the entire card. What a cute image.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super image Diane , love the shape of the topper, colours are fab Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.